Video: Will the conclave get moved up?
posted at 1:57 pm on February 17, 2013 by Ed Morrissey
NBC’s George Weigel seems to think so, thanks to the unusual nature of this transition. Via Kathryn Jean Lopez at The Corner, Weigel explains why the normal sede vacante period will be mainly unnecessary. But more importantly, Weigel emphasizes that the issues at hand are not doctrinal, but organizational reform and preparation for more effective evangelization:
More on this point later.
Recently in the Green Room:
- Obligatory Bill Clinton drew pictures of man parts on classified documents post
- Winning entry for HHS’s ObamaCare propaganda video contest: “Forget About the Price Tag”
- The Ed Morrissey Show on hiatus
- Health records ‘data security,’ Canada-style
- Good news from Piers Morgan: Obama’s a perfect physical specimen