Video: Will the conclave get moved up?
posted at 1:57 pm on February 17, 2013 by Ed Morrissey
NBC’s George Weigel seems to think so, thanks to the unusual nature of this transition. Via Kathryn Jean Lopez at The Corner, Weigel explains why the normal sede vacante period will be mainly unnecessary. But more importantly, Weigel emphasizes that the issues at hand are not doctrinal, but organizational reform and preparation for more effective evangelization:
More on this point later.
Recently in the Green Room:
- Real question: Does Obama’s budget fund overseas abortions to protect endangered animals?
- Photo of the day: Crimea now belongs to Russia, at least on Russian propaganda TV
- Vatican: Pope Francis wasn’t talking about same-sex relationships; Update: “Civil unions” explained
- RNC ad: Crying infant greets Obama’s new debt-laden budget
- Update: Grayson dismisses ‘erratic’ wife after abuse allegation