Green Room

What it feels like to be a conservative on the Internet

posted at 2:39 pm on February 15, 2013 by

It’s a little light on teeth-gnashing and temple-rubbing, but otherwise not bad. Not bad at all.

Recently in the Green Room:

Comments

Oh dude, I’m crying I’m laughing so hard. Thanks for sharing. What, no humpbot?

John the Libertarian on February 15, 2013 at 2:51 PM

Being a conservative on the Internet isn’t that bad really. We’re fairly well represented, do a good job hijacking lefty Twitter hashtags, have our own haunts and echo chambers when we want to enjoy them, and usually have brothers in arms when we venture out there. It’s the GOP’s own ineptitude that keeps it from taking advantage of our Internet presence.

And as such just about everything else in the world make me do a Picard facepalm pretty much constantly.

Though I’ve never seen anybody wearing an Obama T-shirt. Not even in 2009. And I’m in NY.

Gingotts on February 15, 2013 at 2:56 PM

And btw, BOTH shoes go flying off that guy on the treadmill.

John the Libertarian on February 15, 2013 at 2:56 PM

do a good job hijacking lefty Twitter hashtags,

Yeah, until they start grading our tweets.

Quisp on February 15, 2013 at 3:40 PM

TW: too many low-quality .gifs for IE8 to handle

(go go sh~t work PCs)

Jeddite on February 15, 2013 at 3:45 PM

Good find Allah!

ButterflyDragon on February 15, 2013 at 3:50 PM

Funny stuff.

However, the GOP’s problem is that it is still connected to Bush (as shown in the link).

Joey24007 on February 15, 2013 at 4:18 PM

But then you remember that 2016 is only three years away…

I like the math vision, just not the reality.

Cindy Munford on February 15, 2013 at 4:53 PM

In today’s world, a liberal centrist considers himself conservative. I suppose it’s true in a proportionately relative sense.

S. D. on February 15, 2013 at 5:36 PM

It isn’t bad.

1. There are plenty of conservative sites to be comfortable in.

2. There are a few sites where all views are reasonably welcome and debated semi-civilly (for a while – the sites where that happens wax and wane)

3. Liberal sites ban/block you the moment you make a moderately conservative comment or question the Lordship of the ObaMessiah.

krome on February 15, 2013 at 5:44 PM

Comments are typically shocked, shocked to find that someone wrote something remotely sympathetic of the conservative viewpoint.

Meryl Yourish on February 15, 2013 at 9:26 PM

I still feel like that first gif. And I knew Jugears would be reelected.

SagebrushPuppet on February 16, 2013 at 9:27 AM

The comments just justify the critique .

EnglishRogue on February 16, 2013 at 1:56 PM

Just justify?

Gah .

EnglishRogue on February 16, 2013 at 1:56 PM

Yeah, only…the internet is the only libertarian-majority constituency on the planet. I feel pretty happy here. As long as I don’t wander off into those mainstream places…

S. Weasel on February 16, 2013 at 2:12 PM

Top Pick

“The jobs are still leaving. Nothing has stopped.”

Bad vendor. Bad! No cookie!

“So you want me to sing my praises, is that what you’re saying?”

Why would we possibly want that?

“I mean he sold our country to The Russians.”

I could think of someone else you might want to ask about…

Trump: I never made any recordings of Comey

Allahpundit Jun 22, 2017 2:01 PM

Bluff.

Hackers stole private data from election databases

John Sexton Jun 22, 2017 1:21 PM

Failure to protect the city

Big man on the Middle Eastern campus

Biased Americans see media as biased.

Tough times down on the liberal ranch

Will Nancy Pelosi survive this latest Dem disaster?

Andrew Malcolm Jun 22, 2017 8:41 AM

Eat quick, before it’s gone.

Slow your roll, boss

“I’m bothered by the lack of emerging evidence…”

FIrst look at the Senate health bill

John Sexton Jun 21, 2017 9:21 PM

Divide and conquer?

You know, I may have cracked the case for you, guys

“They’re still running against her and still winning races.”

“…the suspect is from Quebec and has a Canadian passport.”

When the Left lost their way on immigration

Jazz Shaw Jun 21, 2017 2:41 PM

It wasn’t all that long ago, really

“I personally watched some of these students go up to Chief Brown, right up to her face, and call her all kinds of names, cursing at her.”

Did the Queen “nix” a Trump visit to London?

Jazz Shaw Jun 21, 2017 12:41 PM

More like wishful thinking on the American left

Sometimes it’s hard. This was the hardest part

Did the polls get the Handel/Ossoff race wrong?

Allahpundit Jun 21, 2017 11:21 AM

Nah.

Physician, heal thyself

Maybe we’ll stay home and watch.