Green Room

What it feels like to be a conservative on the Internet

posted at 2:39 pm on February 15, 2013 by

It’s a little light on teeth-gnashing and temple-rubbing, but otherwise not bad. Not bad at all.

Recently in the Green Room:

Comments

Oh dude, I’m crying I’m laughing so hard. Thanks for sharing. What, no humpbot?

John the Libertarian on February 15, 2013 at 2:51 PM

Being a conservative on the Internet isn’t that bad really. We’re fairly well represented, do a good job hijacking lefty Twitter hashtags, have our own haunts and echo chambers when we want to enjoy them, and usually have brothers in arms when we venture out there. It’s the GOP’s own ineptitude that keeps it from taking advantage of our Internet presence.

And as such just about everything else in the world make me do a Picard facepalm pretty much constantly.

Though I’ve never seen anybody wearing an Obama T-shirt. Not even in 2009. And I’m in NY.

Gingotts on February 15, 2013 at 2:56 PM

And btw, BOTH shoes go flying off that guy on the treadmill.

John the Libertarian on February 15, 2013 at 2:56 PM

do a good job hijacking lefty Twitter hashtags,

Yeah, until they start grading our tweets.

Quisp on February 15, 2013 at 3:40 PM

TW: too many low-quality .gifs for IE8 to handle

(go go sh~t work PCs)

Jeddite on February 15, 2013 at 3:45 PM

Good find Allah!

ButterflyDragon on February 15, 2013 at 3:50 PM

Funny stuff.

However, the GOP’s problem is that it is still connected to Bush (as shown in the link).

Joey24007 on February 15, 2013 at 4:18 PM

But then you remember that 2016 is only three years away…

I like the math vision, just not the reality.

Cindy Munford on February 15, 2013 at 4:53 PM

In today’s world, a liberal centrist considers himself conservative. I suppose it’s true in a proportionately relative sense.

S. D. on February 15, 2013 at 5:36 PM

It isn’t bad.

1. There are plenty of conservative sites to be comfortable in.

2. There are a few sites where all views are reasonably welcome and debated semi-civilly (for a while – the sites where that happens wax and wane)

3. Liberal sites ban/block you the moment you make a moderately conservative comment or question the Lordship of the ObaMessiah.

krome on February 15, 2013 at 5:44 PM

Comments are typically shocked, shocked to find that someone wrote something remotely sympathetic of the conservative viewpoint.

Meryl Yourish on February 15, 2013 at 9:26 PM

I still feel like that first gif. And I knew Jugears would be reelected.

SagebrushPuppet on February 16, 2013 at 9:27 AM

The comments just justify the critique .

EnglishRogue on February 16, 2013 at 1:56 PM

Just justify?

Gah .

EnglishRogue on February 16, 2013 at 1:56 PM

Yeah, only…the internet is the only libertarian-majority constituency on the planet. I feel pretty happy here. As long as I don’t wander off into those mainstream places…

S. Weasel on February 16, 2013 at 2:12 PM