Video: Cato Institute’s SOTU response
posted at 10:51 am on February 13, 2013 by Ed Morrissey
It’s actually more of a fact check than a response, as Cato pulls apart some of the claims made by Barack Obama in last night’s State of the Union speech. The first and easiest target is Obama’s claim that we have enacted spending “cuts,” when we haven’t actually cut anything except the rate of increase in future spending — and only theoretically. But don’t stop there, as Cato’s scholars deconstruct most of the rest of Obama’s claims.
Recently in the Green Room:
- Real question: Does Obama’s budget fund overseas abortions to protect endangered animals?
- Photo of the day: Crimea now belongs to Russia, at least on Russian propaganda TV
- Vatican: Pope Francis wasn’t talking about same-sex relationships; Update: “Civil unions” explained
- RNC ad: Crying infant greets Obama’s new debt-laden budget
- Update: Grayson dismisses ‘erratic’ wife after abuse allegation