Video: Cato Institute’s SOTU response
posted at 10:51 am on February 13, 2013 by Ed Morrissey
It’s actually more of a fact check than a response, as Cato pulls apart some of the claims made by Barack Obama in last night’s State of the Union speech. The first and easiest target is Obama’s claim that we have enacted spending “cuts,” when we haven’t actually cut anything except the rate of increase in future spending — and only theoretically. But don’t stop there, as Cato’s scholars deconstruct most of the rest of Obama’s claims.
Recently in the Green Room:
- IRS To Pro-Life Groups: You Know You’re Gonna Have To Give Up This Whole Protest Thing, Right?
- Two House Dems demand Lerner resignation after using lobbyist to stage modified limited hangout
- Feelgood video of the day
- New liberal idea: Let’s raise $660 million online in a month to buy the LA Times before the Koch brothers can
- Of Course It Troubles Me. Are You Kidding Me?