Mahmoud Ahmadinejad … Space Cadet?
posted at 9:30 am on February 4, 2013 by Ed Morrissey
Come on — that joke was too good to pass up:
President Mahmoud Ahmadinejad says he’s ready to be the first Iranian astronaut sent into space as part of Iran’s goal of manned space flight.
Ahmadinejad says he’s willing to sacrifice his life for Iran’s ambitious space program.
You know what makes the joke even more funny?
His comments were reported on Monday by the official IRNA news agency.
Yes, apparently that’s what the official state media considers to be a positive story for their president-in-name-only.
Recently in the Green Room:
- Sunday reflection: Matthew 4:1-11
- Rand Paul wins CPAC straw poll
- Real question: Does Obama’s budget fund overseas abortions to protect endangered animals?
- Photo of the day: Crimea now belongs to Russia, at least on Russian propaganda TV
- Vatican: Pope Francis wasn’t talking about same-sex relationships; Update: “Civil unions” explained