Green Room

Taco Bell pulls Super Bowl commercial because it offends vegetarians or something

posted at 1:57 pm on January 30, 2013 by

Via News Junkie, if you don’t think it’s true that people will secretly hate you for bringing crudités to a Super Bowl party, go ahead and try it this weekend. See if you’re invited back next year.

Exit question via Forbes: How did the food nannies get wind of this ad if it hadn’t aired anywhere yet? Well played, Taco Bell. Very well played.

Update: A Taco Bell spokesman e-mails to say that this isn’t their Super Bowl ad, it was an ad that ran during the BCS Championship. Their Super Bowl spot is different and is still scheduled to run on Sunday.

Recently in the Green Room:

Comments

Comment pages: 1 2

Wasn’t there some kind of comedy bit about this? If there was, I can’t remember who said it.

It was said that vegetarians try to design & cook their meals to look like meat, but meat eaters never do the opposite – like you’ll never hear someone say, “I’ll have a steak, but please make it look like a huge stem of broccoli.”

22044 on January 31, 2013 at 11:27 AM

Irony or coincidence, I could only find it in Spanish:

“I’m a level 5 vegan, I don’t eat anything that casts a shadow.”

Fallon on January 31, 2013 at 11:34 AM

Hey, veggies — my food poops on your food.

The Rogue Tomato on January 30, 2013 at 2:19 PM

You meaties certainly are defensive.

bmmg39 on January 30, 2013 at 9:34 PM

I can’t help but giggle. My mom used to call poop “bm’s”, short for bowel movement. Sorry, was that too aggressive or defensive?

Wait. “Meaties?” 😛

Fallon on January 31, 2013 at 11:42 AM

Not to mention your first comment attacked someone who joked on the fact that your veggies you love so much are fertilized with the feces from the meat we love so much.

Spliff Menendez on January 31, 2013 at 1:12 AM

“Attacked”?

You sound pretty defensive. Someone made a joke; I retaliated with a similar joke. Thought we were all friends here…

Fallon on January 31, 2013 at 11:42 AM

bmmg are my initials. I’ve gotten “bowel movement” before, though.

See, this is where I could do a rip on your screen name; ‘cept that, if I did, it would probably be called “rude.” Just like the meat thing. You poked fun at vegetarians; I poked fun at meat-eaters, but when I did it it was called an “attack.”

Just relax.

bmmg39 on January 31, 2013 at 12:51 PM

My Superbowl party shopping of list of things that offend crybabies is getting awfully long.

– “Django Unchained” action figure
– LEGO “Jabba The Hutt Palace” playset
– Coca-Cola (the Arab & camel commercial)
– Taco Bell twelve pack

CrustyB on January 31, 2013 at 4:03 PM

Let’s all restrict our diets to plants and their parts.

Just sneak up on those defenseless plant in our yards and garden, amputate their leaves and roots without any anesthetic or apparent care about any stress we may cause. Ignore the profuse bleeding of fluids from the wounds created when we rip or cutoff a leaf or stalk.

Consume fruits such as tomatoes, peppers, apples, oranges, corn, beans, peas, walnuts, peanuts, pecans, etc in ravenous quantities. Relish and enjoy the barbaric consumption of those plants’ reproductive tissues.

JohnFLob on January 31, 2013 at 5:55 PM

Comment pages: 1 2

Trump: I never made any recordings of Comey

Allahpundit Jun 22, 2017 2:01 PM
Top Pick

Bluff.

Hackers stole private data from election databases

John Sexton Jun 22, 2017 1:21 PM
Top Pick

Failure to protect the city

Big man on the Middle Eastern campus

Biased Americans see media as biased.

Tough times down on the liberal ranch

Will Nancy Pelosi survive this latest Dem disaster?

Andrew Malcolm Jun 22, 2017 8:41 AM

Eat quick, before it’s gone.

Slow your roll, boss

“I’m bothered by the lack of emerging evidence…”

FIrst look at the Senate health bill

John Sexton Jun 21, 2017 9:21 PM

Divide and conquer?

You know, I may have cracked the case for you, guys

“They’re still running against her and still winning races.”

“…the suspect is from Quebec and has a Canadian passport.”

When the Left lost their way on immigration

Jazz Shaw Jun 21, 2017 2:41 PM

It wasn’t all that long ago, really

“I personally watched some of these students go up to Chief Brown, right up to her face, and call her all kinds of names, cursing at her.”

Did the Queen “nix” a Trump visit to London?

Jazz Shaw Jun 21, 2017 12:41 PM

More like wishful thinking on the American left

Sometimes it’s hard. This was the hardest part

Did the polls get the Handel/Ossoff race wrong?

Allahpundit Jun 21, 2017 11:21 AM

Nah.

Physician, heal thyself

Maybe we’ll stay home and watch.

Good lack of work if you can get it

GOP takes 2 more special House races, meaning what?

Andrew Malcolm Jun 21, 2017 8:41 AM

Two more demoralizing moral victories for Dems.

Not a murder, but nearly as awful

GA Election results thread Update: Handel wins!

John Sexton Jun 20, 2017 7:10 PM

Late night?

7 p.m. ET: The election to end all elections

Allahpundit Jun 20, 2017 7:01 PM

Endgame.

Dashcam footage: The shooting of Philando Castile

Allahpundit Jun 20, 2017 6:31 PM

“Sir, I have to tell you that I do have a firearm on me.”

“Military personnel had to neutralize an individual.”

Because that’s pretty much the same thing, you see

“Now is the time to be more visible.”

“If you’re frustrated by the lack of transparency in this process, I share your frustration.”

Uh oh.