Hoaxster: I had romantic feelings for Manti Te’o
posted at 2:46 pm on January 30, 2013 by Allahpundit
Via Deadspin, two quick things about this. One: Against all odds, despite every fiber of your being telling you that no one could possibly be so gullible, it looks like Manti Te’o really might be innocent. As far as I know, the only person even tangentially related to this clusterfark who’s claimed that Te’o might be in on it is J.R. Vaosa, whose cousin was also allegedly duped by Tuiasosopo a few years ago. But even he’s come around. After initially telling Deadspin that he was 80 percent sure Te’o must have known it was a hoax, he told ESPN more recently that he thinks Te’o is blameless.
Two: Listen to “Lennay’s” voice in the clip. C’mon, that’s not really Tuiasosopo, is it? Isn’t it way, way more likely that he had a female accomplice and now he’s determined to take the fall for her and anyone else involved?
Recently in the Green Room:
- IRS To Pro-Life Groups: You Know You’re Gonna Have To Give Up This Whole Protest Thing, Right?
- Two House Dems demand Lerner resignation after using lobbyist to stage modified limited hangout
- Feelgood video of the day
- New liberal idea: Let’s raise $660 million online in a month to buy the LA Times before the Koch brothers can
- Of Course It Troubles Me. Are You Kidding Me?