Rasmussen: Just 36% now identify as pro-life, 54% as pro-choice
posted at 4:28 pm on January 28, 2013 by Allahpundit
An obligatory follow-up to last week’s great debate over abortion polling. I would have put this on the main page if not for the fact that Ras’s cross-tabs are reg-walled, which means all we have to go on here is the topline data.
But the trend in that data is interesting. In January 2012, 49 percent called themselves pro-choice versus 43 percent who identified as pro-life. Eleven months later, as of a week after the presidential election, that six-point gap had more than doubled: Now it was 54 percent pro-choice and 38 percent pro-life. Today it’s 54 percent pro-choice and just 36 percent pro-life. Maybe that slight further dip among pro-lifers is just statistical noise vis-a-vis the last poll, but even if so, it goes to show that the Akin/Mourdock fiascos really did take a bite from the pro-life cause and may not be done biting yet.
Recently in the Green Room:
- Real question: Does Obama’s budget fund overseas abortions to protect endangered animals?
- Photo of the day: Crimea now belongs to Russia, at least on Russian propaganda TV
- Vatican: Pope Francis wasn’t talking about same-sex relationships; Update: “Civil unions” explained
- RNC ad: Crying infant greets Obama’s new debt-laden budget
- Update: Grayson dismisses ‘erratic’ wife after abuse allegation