Green Room

Video: Which network news anchor used to mock Bush for saying “God bless America”?

posted at 10:45 am on January 26, 2013 by

Via Johnny Dollar, a video digestif after a week filled with even more media bias than usual. A hint about the anchor: His name popped up on Wednesday for grumbling about the GOP’s questioning of Hillary.

Recently in the Green Room:

Comments

Dickel is a jerk. So is Terry Moran.

mchristian on January 26, 2013 at 10:55 AM

Dana’s awfully cute when she’s flustered.

Flange on January 26, 2013 at 10:58 AM

Flange on January 26, 2013 at 10:58 AM

Dana’s awfully cute.

cozmo on January 26, 2013 at 11:24 AM

She is smokin’ I could watch her all day.

tomas on January 26, 2013 at 11:30 AM

Dana’s awfully cute when she’s flustered.

Flange on January 26, 2013 at 10:58 AM

It happens very often. There is a reason she married a Beta male old enough to be her father. She is decent woman and interesting human being, but her debate skills are non-existent. You can twist her in knots with one question.
~(Ä)~

Karl Magnus on January 26, 2013 at 11:48 AM

Terry Moran is a real ahole. You don’t get more left than that jacka$$.

Blake on January 26, 2013 at 11:52 AM

~(Ä)~

Karl Magnus on January 26, 2013 at 11:48 AM

I think her decency prevents her from being able to deal with the lies as swiftly and as smoothly as the other people that surround her. In a debate with a moderator and a scoring system, she might do fine. But on a show with a seasoned vet like Beckel she does get flustered easily and often. I don’t mind. :-)

Flange on January 26, 2013 at 12:16 PM

Who the heII is Terrie Moron?

Bmore on January 26, 2013 at 12:25 PM

I like Dana Perino, she is just a undeniably nice and decent person.

Cindy Munford on January 26, 2013 at 12:29 PM

You can twist her in knots with one question.
~(Ä)~

Karl Magnus on January 26, 2013 at 11:48 AM

Actually I think she does a great job of batting them back without making a life long enemy. I can see why she would become flustered because she will be blamed for Beckel’s remark. If she wanted to mention Terri Moran (ˈmȯr-ˌän) she would have mentioned him.

Cindy Munford on January 26, 2013 at 12:33 PM

I like Dana Perino, she is just a undeniably nice and decent person.

Cindy Munford on January 26, 2013 at 12:29 PM

I agree with this.

She is too naive and innocent though, imo – I wish she’d toughen up a bit, while keeping her niceness and decency!

Anti-Control on January 26, 2013 at 12:40 PM

she will be blamed for Beckel’s remark
Cindy Munford on January 26, 2013 at 12:33 PM

I blame Jasper.

steebo77 on January 26, 2013 at 12:56 PM

Beckel did her a favor here. I like Dana, but enough of this “being nice” stuff, Beckel was actually proving a valuable point which she totally missed by getting all flustered. In fact, every Republican on Capital Hill could learn from what Beckel just did: screw manners and just call people out publicly and often.

Dana and Beckel actually get along very well, so I do think he was trying to do her a favor here by saying what she couldn’t, even though by saying it he completely trampled all over her reasons for not saying it, lol.

Daemonocracy on January 26, 2013 at 1:09 PM

Anti-Control on January 26, 2013 at 12:40 PM

Probably easier said than done. I find it remarkable that after all her years in D.C. and N.Y. she can be either.

steebo77 on January 26, 2013 at 12:56 PM

LOL!!!

Cindy Munford on January 26, 2013 at 1:24 PM

Cindy Munford on January 26, 2013 at 1:24 PM

I agree with you, but I figure probably for a different reason.

When people say, “Oh, he was great and principled, but then he got to Washington…” I roll my eyes – imo, “Washington” can do no more than expose what character is already within a person, which ends up being a nice compliment in Dana’s case!

Anti-Control on January 26, 2013 at 1:55 PM

it happens very often. There is a reason she married a Beta male old enough to be her father. She is decent woman and interesting human being, but her debate skills are non-existent. You can twist her in knots with one question.
~(Ä)~
Karl Magnus on January 26, 2013 at 11:48 AM

How do you know he’s a Beta Male? I’ve seen pics of him & although he is older he’s not old enough to be her dad. Probably only around 15 -18yrs older….ok that might be old enough to be her dad but he’s no grandpa.

poppieseeds on January 26, 2013 at 2:03 PM

Anti-Control on January 26, 2013 at 1:55 PM

You are probably right but I have blamed just about everything on D.C.. I do think that a lot of really good people go there without realizing all the “opportunities” that will be offered to them. I think it’s like the method of boiling a frog where you start with really tepid water then ratchet up the heat. I am on record as supporting a time legislative period requiring these idiots to live with their constituents rather than lobbyists and crooks in Washington.

Cindy Munford on January 26, 2013 at 2:43 PM

poppieseeds on January 26, 2013 at 2:03 PM

He IS a grandfather. Marrying him made Dana a grandmother at age 40. She’s talked about her grandchildren calling her ‘Grandma America’ on The Five.

James on January 26, 2013 at 3:13 PM

Actually, they’ve been married for about 10 years, so that would’ve made her a grandmother at age 30.

James on January 26, 2013 at 3:16 PM

You know one reason Dana Perino is such a nice person? It’s because she’s a huge country music fan and Nashville loving folks tend to be pleasant and tolerant. Note the difference between country fans continuing to buy Carrie Underwood’s records after she came out in favor of gay marriage and Rahm Emmanuel declaring that he’ll be damned if he allows anyone against gay marriage to do business in Chicago. Country fans tolerate diversity of opinions; self-important crappy liberal mayors do not.

radjah shelduck on January 26, 2013 at 3:34 PM

I sent this to Terry Moran:

“I hear that you like to hear our former President say this, so …..ENJOY!

Opposite Day on January 26, 2013 at 4:05 PM

I have no idea who Teri Moran is. (man or woman?)

Am I blessed or cursed?

FOWG1 on January 27, 2013 at 10:10 AM

FOWG1 on January 27, 2013 at 10:10 AM

Weasel. Gender as yet undetermined.

Ted Torgerson on January 27, 2013 at 10:14 AM

I have no idea who Teri Moran is. (man or woman?)

FOWG1 on January 27, 2013 at 10:10 AM

Weasel. Gender as yet undetermined.

Ted Torgerson on January 27, 2013 at 10:14 AM

: )

listens2glenn on January 27, 2013 at 10:34 AM

Why would anyone be surprised at anything this steaming pile of cow flop says? Oh but he puts up all those Christmas lights every year! Give me a freaking break. Hitler loved his dog too.

LCT688 on January 27, 2013 at 12:51 PM

They’ve been married 15 years as of last August. (I was looking for a pic of her husband and found this at http://foxnewsinsider.com/2012/08/17/happy-anniversary-dana-perino/.)

Alana on January 27, 2013 at 1:22 PM

Both the blond broad and the brunette one are very doable. To bad they bump their gums way too much.

Your Mamma loves me on January 27, 2013 at 1:41 PM

Daemonocracy on January 26, 2013 at 1:09 PM

Yup.

RalphyBoy on January 27, 2013 at 3:40 PM

Daemonocracy on January 26, 2013 at 1:09 PM

Yup.

RalphyBoy on January 27, 2013 at 3:40 PM

I third that.

Laura in Maryland on January 27, 2013 at 8:53 PM

I do not think there is anything in Alinysky’s rules about being nice. This is why conservatives continually come up short against the progs. This fondling across the aisle so thatwe can have a consensus and they will like us is a bunch of crap. Until we are willing to fight them in the same gutter, we will lose.

retiredeagle on January 27, 2013 at 10:55 PM

If she wanted to gripe about Terry Moran, SHE would have done it. I think that Bob was trying to ‘help’ her, and should have been clear before he opened his yap. I also don’t think that he was trying to submarine her.

As to not saying things, that doesn’t mean that she’s stupid, naive or a poor debater. What it means is that she has boundaries as to where she will and will not go based upon her value system. I know that can be confusing to some folks, who attribute lack of jugular attacking as ‘naive’, but it’s called being decent.

GeeWhiz on January 27, 2013 at 11:27 PM