Newest climate change warrior: Derek Jeter
posted at 1:21 pm on January 24, 2013 by Allahpundit
Just doing my part as an avowed Yankee-hater to spread fear and loathing of the pinstripes among AGW skeptics who might otherwise root for them.
He’s in Davos this week, by the way. Really. When do we get Mariano Rivera’s views on the debt ceiling?
“I was in New York for Hurricane Sandy,” Jeter told The Dispatch this morning, following a private function in Davos, Switzerland. Jeter is here for the Forum this week with Pepsi.
“It’s just something that’s gotten so much attention,” Jeter said of climate change. “Regardless of how you feel about it, it’s something that needs to be addressed because we’re seeing more and more natural disasters each year, it seems like. Something has to be causing it.”
But Jeter, himself a global icon as the captain of one of the most recognizable and successful sports franchises in the world, said he doesn’t try to interject into politics.
“I know my place,” Jeter said.
I know, I know — “weather isn’t climate” — but I’m treating the fact the temperatures in NYC will be sub-zero with the windchill as this news is trickling out today as proof that God is, indeed, a Mets fan.
Recently in the Green Room:
- Programming note: Guest-hosting the Hugh Hewitt Show tonight w/ MKH
- Obligatory Bill Clinton drew pictures of man parts on classified documents post
- Winning entry for HHS’s ObamaCare propaganda video contest: “Forget About the Price Tag”
- The Ed Morrissey Show on hiatus
- Health records ‘data security,’ Canada-style