Heart-ache: National anthem at inauguration was lip-synced
posted at 1:20 pm on January 22, 2013 by Allahpundit
I’m going to try really hard to care about this, if only because it’s headlining Drudge right now, but I make no promises. The terrible truth revealed:
Kristin DuBois, a representative for the United States Marine Band, confirmed the former but not the latter, to the New York Post’s “Page Six,” saying, “All music is pre-recorded for the ceremony because there are so many eventualities and conditions that day. We performed, live, the band. But we received last-minute word that Beyonce was going to use the pre-recorded vocal track. Those were the instructions we were given. We don’t know what the reason why.” Meanwhile, band director Colonel Michael J. Colburn says Beyoncé didn’t rehearse with the group until the night before the performance — which possibly explains why she was reluctant to do it live (or maybe indicates that she never intended to sing it live in the first place).
So Beyonce did what a lot of performers do at huge events to make sure they don’t fark things up in front of a global audience. The recorded version was still lovely. Nonethless, I recommend impeaching Obama. Not because of this. Just because.
Big winner here: Kelly Clarkson, who did in fact perform live and who’s now roundly crushing Beyonce in TMZ’s insta-poll of which of them is the better singer.
Recently in the Green Room:
- IRS To Pro-Life Groups: You Know You’re Gonna Have To Give Up This Whole Protest Thing, Right?
- Two House Dems demand Lerner resignation after using lobbyist to stage modified limited hangout
- Feelgood video of the day
- New liberal idea: Let’s raise $660 million online in a month to buy the LA Times before the Koch brothers can
- Of Course It Troubles Me. Are You Kidding Me?