Green Room

“Hancock Inc.” or “An Introduction”

posted at 9:02 pm on January 22, 2013 by

____

Hey everybody!

I’m pleased to welcome everybody to what will hopefully be the first of hundreds of “Hancock Inc.” comic strips.

While I’ve done political cartoon one offs in the past, let’s face it, nobody can touch the great Michael Ramirez so I thought I would instead go to more where my passions and talents lie, namely character and narrative.

Hancock Inc follows the adventures of Jamie Hancock and her group of friends who struggle to launch a blog and business as a pushback against overwhelming statist and cultural rot. Anything can and does happen in the strip, from appearances from Obi Wan Breitbart to Republican bootcamps.

I’m also no Chris Muir, so Hancock Inc will initially run biweekly on Tuesday and Thursdays with hopefully the occasional Sunday strip. I’m a busy freelance artist (hire me!) and I simply can’t do a daily strip just yet.

I’d like to thank Ed and Allah and everybody else at Hot Air for opening the Green Room up for this and I hope you all enjoy it as well.

I’d also like to give serious props and kudos to my brainstorming partner, Cranky T. Rex. He nags me, bickers with me, will spend long hours with me ragging on how stupid they made the Kobiyashi Maru in the Star Trek reboot, forces me to meet deadlines and in short, makes me a much, much better cartoonist. Thanks, buddy.

Finally, I’d like to introduce myself. I’ve gone by Sarjex in the Green Room before, mostly because I was afraid of my professional life intersecting too greatly with my political life. That time is past. I shouldn’t be afraid to use my own name when stating things I believe in.

Hi everybody. I’m Jett Atwood and for lack of a better word, I’m a conservative. I hope you enjoy the strip.

Recently in the Green Room:

Comments

Welcome back!

Free Constitution on January 22, 2013 at 9:14 PM

I wondered why the art style seemed so familiar. Good luck, I’m looking forward to reading more of your stuff!

DrAllecon on January 22, 2013 at 9:42 PM

Okay, someone help me out, the last panels on the right are covered by HotAir stuff and I can’t read them.

Cindy Munford on January 22, 2013 at 11:32 PM

Never mind, I figured it out. Stop laughing at me.

Cindy Munford on January 22, 2013 at 11:34 PM

Thanks, I’m happy to be back!

Jett Atwood on January 23, 2013 at 12:16 AM

Well done! I’m looking forward to being a regular reader of your cartoons!

simkeith on January 23, 2013 at 6:00 PM

Top Pick

Irreligion.

“Felix was out on bond after threatening another public servant and has a history of making threats.”

Chaffetz: House needs housing allowances?

Ed Morrissey Jun 27, 2017 8:41 PM

“There are dozens upon dozens of members living in their offices, and I don’t know how healthy that is long term.”

“This isn’t going to get a lot cheaper, it can’t, it won’t.”

“…what we failed to achieve with votes, we would do with weapons.”

“[S]o dumb it’s amazing we even have to have the conversation.”

“It was not necessary.”

“You’re inflaming everyone right here right now with those words!”

“Trump’s people said, ‘We’ll be writing the speech that the President’s Audio-Animatronic figure will be saying.'”

Excuses, excuses.

Not really a “kill all the lawyers” scenario

4 pm ET!

“it has not taken serious steps to end its own complicity in trafficking, including forced laborers from North Korea.”

Currently doing a search for “good international trade lawyers”

Ransomware attack spreads through Europe

John Sexton Jun 27, 2017 1:01 PM

“A massive ransomware campaign is currently unfolding worldwide.”

At least their address rarely changes

It just keeps on happening

“Trump is good for business right now.”

Start spreading the news…

“Now it’s time for the next step.”

A “cryptic” warning to Bashar al-Assad?

Jazz Shaw Jun 27, 2017 8:01 AM

The three strikes rule may be in effect

CNN reporters resign over retracted story

John Sexton Jun 26, 2017 9:21 PM

“The individuals all stated that they accepted responsibility and wanted to resign.”

Federalism’s greatest champion is now …

Ed Morrissey Jun 26, 2017 8:41 PM

“In the end, we’re a democracy.”

“Almost all controversial speech harms people, upsets or offends them…”

Obama: Back home again in Indonesia

Andrew Malcolm Jun 26, 2017 7:21 PM

The call to prayer and eating dog.

Testing the waters.

“primarily because the penalty for not having insurance would be eliminated.”

“If I were a Seattle lawmaker, I would be thinking hard about the $15 an hour phase-in.”

Days of future past

“Not only are taxpayers footing the bill, but people are dying unnecessarily because of this.”

Israel settles who can stand where at the Western Wall

Andrew Malcolm Jun 26, 2017 3:21 PM

Women to the right, men to the left.

Look on the bright side. There’s less snow in the summer

Big win … but for how long?

“Several Russian cities have unveiled monuments to Stalin in recent months.”

Massive disappointment