Green Room

Sad news: Chinese heiress “rich and boyfriendless”

posted at 1:04 pm on January 18, 2013 by

You know, when I first read this, my initial impulse was to put her in touch with this fellow:

Being an heiress is harder than you’d think.

There’s the pressure of living up to your parents, the spotlight of the media and, of course, the daily dilemma over which diamond-dog collar to put on your pocket pooch.

But China’s richest heiress has expounded on another problem: boyfriends. Or the lack thereof.

Zong Fuli, 30,  the daughter of beverage magnate Zong Qinghou (net worth around $12 billion), tells the Chinese edition of Marie Claire that she is “rich and boyfriendless.” She says she can’t find a regular nice guy, and that men simply want her for her money.

Wouldn’t they make a cute couple?  I’m pretty sure he’d even wear skinny jeans and hipster glasses for her.

Recently in the Green Room:

Comments

I volunteer.

The Rogue Tomato on January 18, 2013 at 1:07 PM

the suggestion about faking identity actually seems like a good one to me! just pretend to be a regular person, not rich. then if a guy falls in love with you, it wasn’t because of your money.

(because as it is now, guys can just PRETEND to love her, just because she’s rich)

Sachiko on January 18, 2013 at 1:12 PM

1st world problems?

Steven McGregor on January 18, 2013 at 1:13 PM

Wait, wait, wait just a cotton picken minute here…

There’s a rich person in classless Communitist China? How did this happen?

BigGator5 on January 18, 2013 at 1:15 PM

Isn’t this what reality TV shows are for?

WashJeff on January 18, 2013 at 1:16 PM

Put her in touch with Allahpundit. Hot Air could use a skyscraper-size humpbot.

theperfecteconomist on January 18, 2013 at 1:18 PM

(have that song “I’m so ronery….” stuck in my head now)

apostic on January 18, 2013 at 1:24 PM

Gee, and I thought there were 26 million more young men than young women in China, due to the selective abortion of girls since 1980. You’d think that Miss Zong could find one of them to date?

Steve Z on January 18, 2013 at 1:25 PM

theperfecteconomist on January 18, 2013 at 1:18 PM

would she then take AP as a family name? or is that his first name?

Steven McGregor on January 18, 2013 at 1:46 PM

I figured she was 300 lbs. and looked like a badger, but then I pulled up the link. Not half bad.

CurtZHP on January 18, 2013 at 1:46 PM

The answer to Manti Teo’s problems.

Mr. D on January 18, 2013 at 1:52 PM

I hear Te’o is single. (too soon?)

Gredd on January 18, 2013 at 1:55 PM

The answer to Manti Teo’s problems.

Mr. D on January 18, 2013 at 1:52 PM

Dangit Mr. D! I look away for a few minutes and you trump me.

Gredd on January 18, 2013 at 1:56 PM

CurtZHP on January 18, 2013 at 1:46 PM

Yeah so did I, but then I realized “no BF” really meant “no BF who wanted me because he had dollar signs in his eyes”, which is a very real problem.

MelonCollie on January 18, 2013 at 1:57 PM

MelonCollie on January 18, 2013 at 1:57 PM

Or like I tell my friends when they’re drooling over some hottie, “Somewhere out there is a guy who got tired of her crap.”

CurtZHP on January 18, 2013 at 2:22 PM

She is kinda hot. I wasn’t planning on getting married again for a while, but what the hell…

joejm65 on January 18, 2013 at 2:23 PM

Put her in touch with Allahpundit. Hot Air could use a skyscraper-size humpbot.

theperfecteconomist on January 18, 2013 at 1:18 PM

The only way that would work is if she doesn’t mind acting the role of the freakishly lifelike robot.

TexasDan on January 18, 2013 at 2:31 PM

So she can’t find her way past the John Kerry’s of the world. Being rich is hard.

woodNfish on January 18, 2013 at 2:40 PM

I’d hit it.

By the way, where has Lorien been?

UltimateBob on January 18, 2013 at 3:17 PM

I’d hit it.

By the way, where has Lorien been?

UltimateBob on January 18, 2013 at 3:17 PM

Saw him once yesterday. Been wondering that also.

Furthermore, it’s not acceptable that AP hasn’t at least popped into this thread. Maybe he’s expediting his passport renewal.

TexasDan on January 18, 2013 at 3:45 PM

Sounds like she needs sum yung gai.

NeoKong on January 18, 2013 at 4:55 PM

She’s cute!

I’ll date her. The money is immaterial. It doesn’t matter to me how rich she is.

SagebrushPuppet on January 18, 2013 at 7:57 PM

There’s a rich person in classless Communitist China? How did this happen?

BigGator5 on January 18, 2013 at 1:15 PM

Some animals are more equal than other animals.

Get with the program.

/s/

Solaratov on January 18, 2013 at 8:56 PM

Isn’t there a sad rightie blogger [cough!]Allahpundit[/cough!] out there in the world, living all by himself, lonely & desperate [cough!]Allahpundit[/cough!] that could use a good woman in his life??

powerpickle on January 18, 2013 at 9:58 PM

Why you guys want AP to get Kerryied away? It’ll just end up in a long face.

tommy71 on January 19, 2013 at 3:09 AM

This story is so sad. It’s tough being filthy rich.

Regular women don’t have to be concerned about whether prospective boyfriends just want to use them. They’re so lucky not to be rich.

Develop some judgment, lady, and hang out with a better crowd.

fadetogray on January 19, 2013 at 9:01 AM

SagebrushPuppet on January 18, 2013 at 7:57 PM

I wouldn’t mind dating a girl wealthier than me…but I would have serious reservations about dating one this rich.

Why? All joking aside, marrying into that much wealth comes with so many more challenges that are piled on top of the ones that come with ANY marriage. Many of them lifelong. When you’re that kind of rich you have to take way more precautions than Joe Average because you are literally a more valuable target. You have issues with not only family and friends, but every random mouthbreather looking at you for a bailout.

The story of the Sword of Damocles becomes pretty relevant when you are as wealthy as a king of old. I’d be thinking long and hard about – laugh at me if you will – if she was really worth it all.

MelonCollie on January 19, 2013 at 9:59 AM

MelonCollie on January 19, 2013 at 9:59 AM

Buzzkill. :-P

SagebrushPuppet on January 19, 2013 at 10:34 AM

Buzzkill. :-P

SagebrushPuppet on January 19, 2013 at 10:34 AM

Couldn’t help myself. A lot of people don’t really think what comes with serious wealth.

MelonCollie on January 19, 2013 at 1:51 PM

You all seem unaware that the lady in question, AKA: Kelly Zong, is a US citizen residing in San Marino, Ca. Her parents have resident status, while she has reported citizenship. Mom and daughter stay here. Pops might have given up his green card status due to grumblings by those in China. She is a graduate of Pepperdine University, Malibu. She is Prez of the company..father is Chairman. Very good lady. Deserves better than some remarks here.

keldog on January 19, 2013 at 3:57 PM

Me love you long time…

Wyznowski on January 19, 2013 at 3:58 PM

I know her communication abilities are much better than yours, Wyznowski. She is American, and deserves better. If she were not American she would desetrve better. Are you racist, or just showing class envy? It really is a little tough trying to determine the true intentions of someone expressing love for you when you are in that position.

keldog on January 19, 2013 at 4:07 PM

ooops……”would deserve (typo) better.”

keldog on January 19, 2013 at 4:09 PM

Me love you long time…

Wyznowski on January 19, 2013 at 3:58 PM

How original. I’m sure no Asian girl has ever heard that one before. Thanks for contributing such a witty bon mot.

Hayabusa on January 19, 2013 at 5:56 PM

MelonCollie on January 19, 2013 at 9:59 AM

Thread winner. That nails it exactly.

Just look at the lives of all of the “Big Lottery Winners”, after the fact.

Quoting Rush Limbaugh: “Women have to marry upward “.

That is a valid general rule, whether Rush said it or not.

Wealthy female heiresses have a real issue, there.

listens2glenn on January 20, 2013 at 10:45 PM

Quoting Rush Limbaugh: “Women have to marry upward “.

That is a valid general rule, whether Rush said it or not.

Rush is wrong. Women want to marry upward, and their thinking/emotions/view of the male tends to wreck a relationship if they do not, but there is nothing forcing them that way if they can take a realistic look at what they are doing.

Man or woman, if you want to have a permanent healthy relationship with someone from substantial lower financial circumstances, you have to bring them up to at least the general level you are at, one way or another.

That involves a great deal of trust, and a great deal of risk. So most super rich single women choose to take a pass on the whole ‘permanent healthy relationship’ thing, opting for narcissitic long faced gigolos instead.

fadetogray on January 20, 2013 at 11:06 PM