Green Room

Man-on-the-street interviews: So, what’d you think of Obama’s inauguration?

posted at 1:57 pm on January 18, 2013 by

Jimmy Kimmel’s done a bunch of these on different subjects but the gag will never get old. It’s basically a psychological experiment in serial form, and a case study in why polls can never fully be trusted. Remember that Pew survey the other day showing how, even though most young adults don’t know what issue Roe v. Wade dealt with, nearly 100 percent of them had an opinion on whether or not the decision should be overturned? If you were confused about how that result is possible, let late-night comedy be your beacon towards the truth.

Recently in the Green Room:

Comments

Not neccessarily this format, but I wish someone would do some of those man on the street interviews with conservatives. I guess it wouldn’t be as funny since we would actually know the answers.

Night Owl on January 18, 2013 at 2:24 PM

This is why it is pointless to argue with a liberal.

The Rogue Tomato on January 18, 2013 at 2:48 PM

Is Kimmy Jimmel part oriental?

Sherman1864 on January 18, 2013 at 2:53 PM

I think this is more of a case of:

“Oh sh1t I’m gonna be on tv and I didn’t know the inaugural was yesterday. Quick let me just act like I caught it”

blatantblue on January 18, 2013 at 3:07 PM

I think this is more of a case of:

blatantblue on January 18, 2013 at 3:07 PM

The last lady at least admitted that.

The rest of them probably didn’t want to be chastised by their fellow 0bama cultists for admitting on national television that they missed the sacred event.

UltimateBob on January 18, 2013 at 3:20 PM

Spellcheck nazi reporting in:
“Inaguration Edition” at 1:04.

eyesky on January 18, 2013 at 4:11 PM

Similar to Glenn Beck’s ‘moron trivia’. I think Pew and Gallup should just save the money they use for actual polling and just make it up. Invented responses would be just as relevant as uninformed or just plain stupd responses.

jclittlep on January 18, 2013 at 4:14 PM

Night Owl on January 18, 2013 at 2:24 PM

Once watched an episode of Jay Walking on the Leno show where people were asked some absurdly easy questions. Can’t remember the subject now, civics, geography, something like that. The kids and their parents were clueless, but Grandpa knew all the answers. Struck me as another indictment of current public school education.

CC Senor on January 18, 2013 at 4:38 PM

Has the inauguration happened? I hadn’t noticed.

Steven Den Beste on January 18, 2013 at 6:14 PM

I’m with Den Beste. I didn’t know it had already taken place. Nor did I care.

RebeccaH on January 18, 2013 at 6:29 PM

and every stinkin’ one of them voted for Jugears. Ain’t that a hoot?

AZfederalist on January 18, 2013 at 6:48 PM

The zoo keeper gave each monkey 4 bananas in the morning and 3 bananas each evening. After a while the monkeys became displeased, so the monkeys voted to replace the zoo keeper and the new zoo keeper gave each monkey 3 bananas in the morning and 4 bananas in the evening and the monkeys were much pleased.

Wallythedog on January 18, 2013 at 7:52 PM

Did anybody else see the blue alien? Behind the cake guy @ 2:12.

davidk on January 18, 2013 at 7:59 PM

The blue alien that was walking with Spider Man? Yep. Should have interviewed them too. The inauguration could have used a good superhero.

redinablue on January 18, 2013 at 8:47 PM

Threw Teddy Bears into the crowd.

The Tap Routine.

The Juggling Routine.

LMAO.

Tim_CA on January 18, 2013 at 8:54 PM

I, for one, welcome our low information overlords.

*wheeps*

aquaviva on January 19, 2013 at 1:37 AM

Examples of the low-information voters who saddle us with the incompetent and dangerous politicians for which they vote.

lukjuj on January 19, 2013 at 8:35 AM

“Urban Elitist”

LMFAO

tom daschle concerned on January 19, 2013 at 8:50 AM

Inauguration? I thought it was a coronation.

chachi500 on January 19, 2013 at 5:10 PM

Must be liberals. Their fantasy world is something else.

GarandFan on January 19, 2013 at 5:36 PM