Green Room

Man-on-the-street interviews: So, what’d you think of Obama’s inauguration?

posted at 1:57 pm on January 18, 2013 by

Jimmy Kimmel’s done a bunch of these on different subjects but the gag will never get old. It’s basically a psychological experiment in serial form, and a case study in why polls can never fully be trusted. Remember that Pew survey the other day showing how, even though most young adults don’t know what issue Roe v. Wade dealt with, nearly 100 percent of them had an opinion on whether or not the decision should be overturned? If you were confused about how that result is possible, let late-night comedy be your beacon towards the truth.

Recently in the Green Room:

Comments

Not neccessarily this format, but I wish someone would do some of those man on the street interviews with conservatives. I guess it wouldn’t be as funny since we would actually know the answers.

Night Owl on January 18, 2013 at 2:24 PM

This is why it is pointless to argue with a liberal.

The Rogue Tomato on January 18, 2013 at 2:48 PM

Is Kimmy Jimmel part oriental?

Sherman1864 on January 18, 2013 at 2:53 PM

I think this is more of a case of:

“Oh sh1t I’m gonna be on tv and I didn’t know the inaugural was yesterday. Quick let me just act like I caught it”

blatantblue on January 18, 2013 at 3:07 PM

I think this is more of a case of:

blatantblue on January 18, 2013 at 3:07 PM

The last lady at least admitted that.

The rest of them probably didn’t want to be chastised by their fellow 0bama cultists for admitting on national television that they missed the sacred event.

UltimateBob on January 18, 2013 at 3:20 PM

Spellcheck nazi reporting in:
“Inaguration Edition” at 1:04.

eyesky on January 18, 2013 at 4:11 PM

Similar to Glenn Beck’s ‘moron trivia’. I think Pew and Gallup should just save the money they use for actual polling and just make it up. Invented responses would be just as relevant as uninformed or just plain stupd responses.

jclittlep on January 18, 2013 at 4:14 PM

Night Owl on January 18, 2013 at 2:24 PM

Once watched an episode of Jay Walking on the Leno show where people were asked some absurdly easy questions. Can’t remember the subject now, civics, geography, something like that. The kids and their parents were clueless, but Grandpa knew all the answers. Struck me as another indictment of current public school education.

CC Senor on January 18, 2013 at 4:38 PM

Has the inauguration happened? I hadn’t noticed.

Steven Den Beste on January 18, 2013 at 6:14 PM

I’m with Den Beste. I didn’t know it had already taken place. Nor did I care.

RebeccaH on January 18, 2013 at 6:29 PM

and every stinkin’ one of them voted for Jugears. Ain’t that a hoot?

AZfederalist on January 18, 2013 at 6:48 PM

The zoo keeper gave each monkey 4 bananas in the morning and 3 bananas each evening. After a while the monkeys became displeased, so the monkeys voted to replace the zoo keeper and the new zoo keeper gave each monkey 3 bananas in the morning and 4 bananas in the evening and the monkeys were much pleased.

Wallythedog on January 18, 2013 at 7:52 PM

Did anybody else see the blue alien? Behind the cake guy @ 2:12.

davidk on January 18, 2013 at 7:59 PM

The blue alien that was walking with Spider Man? Yep. Should have interviewed them too. The inauguration could have used a good superhero.

redinablue on January 18, 2013 at 8:47 PM

Threw Teddy Bears into the crowd.

The Tap Routine.

The Juggling Routine.

LMAO.

Tim_CA on January 18, 2013 at 8:54 PM

I, for one, welcome our low information overlords.

*wheeps*

aquaviva on January 19, 2013 at 1:37 AM

Examples of the low-information voters who saddle us with the incompetent and dangerous politicians for which they vote.

lukjuj on January 19, 2013 at 8:35 AM

“Urban Elitist”

LMFAO

tom daschle concerned on January 19, 2013 at 8:50 AM

Inauguration? I thought it was a coronation.

chachi500 on January 19, 2013 at 5:10 PM

Must be liberals. Their fantasy world is something else.

GarandFan on January 19, 2013 at 5:36 PM

Top Pick

“The jobs are still leaving. Nothing has stopped.”

Bad vendor. Bad! No cookie!

“So you want me to sing my praises, is that what you’re saying?”

Why would we possibly want that?

“I mean he sold our country to The Russians.”

I could think of someone else you might want to ask about…

Trump: I never made any recordings of Comey

Allahpundit Jun 22, 2017 2:01 PM

Bluff.

Hackers stole private data from election databases

John Sexton Jun 22, 2017 1:21 PM

Failure to protect the city

Big man on the Middle Eastern campus

Biased Americans see media as biased.

Tough times down on the liberal ranch

Will Nancy Pelosi survive this latest Dem disaster?

Andrew Malcolm Jun 22, 2017 8:41 AM

Eat quick, before it’s gone.

Slow your roll, boss

“I’m bothered by the lack of emerging evidence…”

FIrst look at the Senate health bill

John Sexton Jun 21, 2017 9:21 PM

Divide and conquer?

You know, I may have cracked the case for you, guys

“They’re still running against her and still winning races.”

“…the suspect is from Quebec and has a Canadian passport.”

When the Left lost their way on immigration

Jazz Shaw Jun 21, 2017 2:41 PM

It wasn’t all that long ago, really

“I personally watched some of these students go up to Chief Brown, right up to her face, and call her all kinds of names, cursing at her.”

Did the Queen “nix” a Trump visit to London?

Jazz Shaw Jun 21, 2017 12:41 PM

More like wishful thinking on the American left

Sometimes it’s hard. This was the hardest part

Did the polls get the Handel/Ossoff race wrong?

Allahpundit Jun 21, 2017 11:21 AM

Nah.

Physician, heal thyself

Maybe we’ll stay home and watch.