“The RNC is officially on the side of more dead children”
posted at 4:22 pm on January 16, 2013 by Guy Benson
Your official vile tweet of the day, from an eminently likely source:
Okay, the RNC is officially on the side of more dead children, because freedom.
— Markos Moulitsas (@markos) January 16, 2013
Your move, Piers Morgan. Keep in mind that Markos “Screw ‘em” Moulitsas isn’t some fringe character on the Left. Indeed, he organizes a high-profile annual confab for liberals, which regularly attracts a flock of genuflecting Democratic A-listers. Virtually every Republican under the sun was asked to denounce Rush Limbaugh for calling an obscure 30-something activist a nasty name last year. Will a single Democrat be pressed to repudiate Markos’ vituperative slander? (It’s a rhetorical question, folks). In fact, what’s so unusual about the content of that tweet? All Markos did was crudely repackage the unsubtle implication of the president’s performance this afternoon on guns: That opponents of his proposals don’t care about the safety and lives of children. I’ll leave you with today’s runner-up in the vile tweet category, via Lefty writer Matt Yglesias:
Pretty comfortable saying that the president’s children are in fact more important than yours: youtube.com/watch?v=2bKw7Z…
— Matt Yglesias (@mattyglesias) January 16, 2013
Chuck Todd acknowledges that Obama’s made-for-TV theatrics were heavy on emotion but light on substance — not that Todd seems particularly troubled by that approach:
Recently in the Green Room:
- Real question: Does Obama’s budget fund overseas abortions to protect endangered animals?
- Photo of the day: Crimea now belongs to Russia, at least on Russian propaganda TV
- Vatican: Pope Francis wasn’t talking about same-sex relationships; Update: “Civil unions” explained
- RNC ad: Crying infant greets Obama’s new debt-laden budget
- Update: Grayson dismisses ‘erratic’ wife after abuse allegation