Green Room

Frack Nation trailer: “I’m armed, I’ll tell you that”

posted at 11:35 am on January 14, 2013 by

You’ve either seen or passed on Promised Land, the UAE-funded Hollywood argument against fracking.  Now coming up — Frack Nation, the documentary from Phelim McAleer and Ann McElhinny that shows the nature of the debate over American natural-gas production.  And from this trailer, it looks pretty darned lively indeed:

I’ll be reviewing Frack Nation next weekend ahead of its January 22nd release date.  Stay tuned!

Recently in the Green Room:

Comments

I love seeing hippie tolerance in action.

ButterflyDragon on January 14, 2013 at 11:38 AM

Hippie 2012: Peace.Tolerance.Acceptance.Guns.Beatings.Threats.

portlandon on January 14, 2013 at 11:54 AM

“We’re for peace, love and tolerance, and we’ll kill anyone who says otherwise.” – The Left

RadClown on January 14, 2013 at 12:09 PM

It would be endlessly entertaining if we could get unions involved in fracking. Then the union goons and the professional anarchist protesters could have a cage match.

TexasDan on January 14, 2013 at 12:09 PM

@TexasDan – aren’t the crews who do fracking work unionized?

I don’t know, but it struck me as work that would.

krome on January 14, 2013 at 3:03 PM

“..I am armed, I’ll tell you that!”

..so are we..

The War Planner on January 14, 2013 at 3:05 PM

@TexasDan – aren’t the crews who do fracking work unionized?

I don’t know, but it struck me as work that would.

krome on January 14, 2013 at 3:03 PM

Not here in Texas. Don’t know about Pennsylvania. But the people who make the steel pipe to case the wells sure as heck are unionized. And the pipefitter’s union that lays gas pipelines is, too. The unions were pissed about the Keystone pipeline getting shut down, but the union leadership seems to have tamped that down. Politics takes precedence.

iurockhead on January 14, 2013 at 3:50 PM

I love seeing hippie tolerance in action.

ButterflyDragon on January 14, 2013 at 11:38 AM

Personally, I love seeing it quenched. Preferably by law enforcement preferably to the tune of “All Right That Does It, Open Fire!”.

Unfortunately the last time that happened was at Kent State. It’s been far too long since liberals’ (bad) ideas and (wretched) behavior have resulted in appropriate consequences, and we’re living with the results. And the next time it happens we will not be at all assured of coming out the victors.

MelonCollie on January 14, 2013 at 10:31 PM

TexasDan on January 14, 2013 at 12:09 PM

My stepdad was union pipeline welder for 50 years. His union was out of Tulsa, Okla. but he lived in West Virginia. There are oil and gas workers that have a union and I’d imagine that the shops that make pipeline up north are union too.

I’d read his union newsletter (until I got nauseous) and it was the standard Democrat/Marxist BS. Yet, they couldn’t see that the Dems had long ago thrown them under the bus for the enviro cash. They vote for the party that will destroy their industries.

What’s even stranger is that he only worked 7-8 months because of weather. He started buying rental property and working on them to keep busy in his off months. He ran his finances like a conservative, yet spouted the union line.

One morning we were drinking coffee and he was reading the paper. He started in with “Those bosses don’t want to pay a prevailing wage, blah, blah…” It was 7:30 and he had a kid cutting weeds on the hillside. I pointed at the kid and asked, “So you paying him union scale and benefits?”

He gave me “the look” and we didn’t talk politics early in the morning any more.

TugboatPhil on January 15, 2013 at 10:23 AM

Top Pick

Will they stay or will they go?

Top Pick

I can’t imagine what I was thinking when I said that

Rocking the boat majorly

Big government never contracts. It only grows more powerful

It’s only a “ban” until it becomes inconvenient

The decline and fall of Obamacare and the AHCA

Jazz Shaw Jun 24, 2017 8:31 AM

This was all over before it began

Fixing crime in America is a complicated issue

Taylor Millard Jun 23, 2017 8:31 PM

Cops alone won’t solve it.

Democrats forgot all about the “era of good feelings”

“Bernie and Jane Sanders have lawyered up.”

Winning isn’t everything. It is the only thing

Trump signs VA reform bill into law

John Sexton Jun 23, 2017 2:41 PM

A new era of something.

“…died suddenly in less than a week just after his return to the U.S.”

The shortsightedness of “Denounce and Preserve”

Taylor Millard Jun 23, 2017 12:11 PM

Pragmatism for the sake of pragmatism doesn’t always work.

Perhaps if you threw in a new car?

Gay marriages still growing, but not as fast

Andrew Malcolm Jun 23, 2017 10:31 AM

More, but not as quickly.

Should’ve stuck with the pirate gig. It was working for him

The battle for the rubble of Raqqa is underway

Andrew Malcolm Jun 23, 2017 8:51 AM

Won’t be much left.

Your list of demands is a publicity stunt

“The jobs are still leaving. Nothing has stopped.”

Bad vendor. Bad! No cookie!

“So you want me to sing my praises, is that what you’re saying?”

Why would we possibly want that?

“I mean he sold our country to The Russians.”

I could think of someone else you might want to ask about…

Trump: I never made any recordings of Comey

Allahpundit Jun 22, 2017 2:01 PM

Bluff.

Hackers stole private data from election databases

John Sexton Jun 22, 2017 1:21 PM

Failure to protect the city

Big man on the Middle Eastern campus