Green Room

Frack Nation trailer: “I’m armed, I’ll tell you that”

posted at 11:35 am on January 14, 2013 by

You’ve either seen or passed on Promised Land, the UAE-funded Hollywood argument against fracking.  Now coming up — Frack Nation, the documentary from Phelim McAleer and Ann McElhinny that shows the nature of the debate over American natural-gas production.  And from this trailer, it looks pretty darned lively indeed:

I’ll be reviewing Frack Nation next weekend ahead of its January 22nd release date.  Stay tuned!

Recently in the Green Room:

Comments

I love seeing hippie tolerance in action.

ButterflyDragon on January 14, 2013 at 11:38 AM

Hippie 2012: Peace.Tolerance.Acceptance.Guns.Beatings.Threats.

portlandon on January 14, 2013 at 11:54 AM

“We’re for peace, love and tolerance, and we’ll kill anyone who says otherwise.” – The Left

RadClown on January 14, 2013 at 12:09 PM

It would be endlessly entertaining if we could get unions involved in fracking. Then the union goons and the professional anarchist protesters could have a cage match.

TexasDan on January 14, 2013 at 12:09 PM

@TexasDan – aren’t the crews who do fracking work unionized?

I don’t know, but it struck me as work that would.

krome on January 14, 2013 at 3:03 PM

“..I am armed, I’ll tell you that!”

..so are we..

The War Planner on January 14, 2013 at 3:05 PM

@TexasDan – aren’t the crews who do fracking work unionized?

I don’t know, but it struck me as work that would.

krome on January 14, 2013 at 3:03 PM

Not here in Texas. Don’t know about Pennsylvania. But the people who make the steel pipe to case the wells sure as heck are unionized. And the pipefitter’s union that lays gas pipelines is, too. The unions were pissed about the Keystone pipeline getting shut down, but the union leadership seems to have tamped that down. Politics takes precedence.

iurockhead on January 14, 2013 at 3:50 PM

I love seeing hippie tolerance in action.

ButterflyDragon on January 14, 2013 at 11:38 AM

Personally, I love seeing it quenched. Preferably by law enforcement preferably to the tune of “All Right That Does It, Open Fire!”.

Unfortunately the last time that happened was at Kent State. It’s been far too long since liberals’ (bad) ideas and (wretched) behavior have resulted in appropriate consequences, and we’re living with the results. And the next time it happens we will not be at all assured of coming out the victors.

MelonCollie on January 14, 2013 at 10:31 PM

TexasDan on January 14, 2013 at 12:09 PM

My stepdad was union pipeline welder for 50 years. His union was out of Tulsa, Okla. but he lived in West Virginia. There are oil and gas workers that have a union and I’d imagine that the shops that make pipeline up north are union too.

I’d read his union newsletter (until I got nauseous) and it was the standard Democrat/Marxist BS. Yet, they couldn’t see that the Dems had long ago thrown them under the bus for the enviro cash. They vote for the party that will destroy their industries.

What’s even stranger is that he only worked 7-8 months because of weather. He started buying rental property and working on them to keep busy in his off months. He ran his finances like a conservative, yet spouted the union line.

One morning we were drinking coffee and he was reading the paper. He started in with “Those bosses don’t want to pay a prevailing wage, blah, blah…” It was 7:30 and he had a kid cutting weeds on the hillside. I pointed at the kid and asked, “So you paying him union scale and benefits?”

He gave me “the look” and we didn’t talk politics early in the morning any more.

TugboatPhil on January 15, 2013 at 10:23 AM

Top Pick

“This isn’t going to get a lot cheaper, it can’t, it won’t.”

Top Pick

“…what we failed to achieve with votes, we would do with weapons.”

“[S]o dumb it’s amazing we even have to have the conversation.”

“It was not necessary.”

“You’re inflaming everyone right here right now with those words!”

“Trump’s people said, ‘We’ll be writing the speech that the President’s Audio-Animatronic figure will be saying.'”

Excuses, excuses.

Not really a “kill all the lawyers” scenario

4 pm ET!

“it has not taken serious steps to end its own complicity in trafficking, including forced laborers from North Korea.”

Currently doing a search for “good international trade lawyers”

Ransomware attack spreads through Europe

John Sexton Jun 27, 2017 1:01 PM

“A massive ransomware campaign is currently unfolding worldwide.”

At least their address rarely changes

It just keeps on happening

“Trump is good for business right now.”

Start spreading the news…

“Now it’s time for the next step.”

A “cryptic” warning to Bashar al-Assad?

Jazz Shaw Jun 27, 2017 8:01 AM

The three strikes rule may be in effect

CNN reporters resign over retracted story

John Sexton Jun 26, 2017 9:21 PM

“The individuals all stated that they accepted responsibility and wanted to resign.”

Federalism’s greatest champion is now …

Ed Morrissey Jun 26, 2017 8:41 PM

“In the end, we’re a democracy.”

“Almost all controversial speech harms people, upsets or offends them…”

Obama: Back home again in Indonesia

Andrew Malcolm Jun 26, 2017 7:21 PM

The call to prayer and eating dog.

Testing the waters.

“primarily because the penalty for not having insurance would be eliminated.”

“If I were a Seattle lawmaker, I would be thinking hard about the $15 an hour phase-in.”

Days of future past

“Not only are taxpayers footing the bill, but people are dying unnecessarily because of this.”

Israel settles who can stand where at the Western Wall

Andrew Malcolm Jun 26, 2017 3:21 PM

Women to the right, men to the left.

Look on the bright side. There’s less snow in the summer

Big win … but for how long?

“Several Russian cities have unveiled monuments to Stalin in recent months.”

Massive disappointment

Emboldened conservative wing?

It’s more about the powers of the Presidency at this point

A second look at paper ballots?

Jazz Shaw Jun 26, 2017 10:41 AM

Low tech solutions to high tech crime