Risk And Politics
posted at 10:34 am on January 12, 2013 by Mitch Berg
Today on the Northern Alliance Radio Network, I’ll be talking with the National Review’s Kevin Williamson, largely about his piece from a few weeks ago, “Risk, Relativism And Resources“. It’s about risk tolerance or risk aversion, and what it tells us about peoples’ politics. And I think there are some lessons the GOP and the conservative movement need to learn tucked in there.
And for those of you who need a good Second Amendment palate-cleanser – well, just click on the jump:
Stewart Mills helps run “Mills Fleet Farm”, an upper-Midwest-regional chain of stores that sells everything from farm supplies, truck and tractor tools, hunting and outdoors gear, cold-weather work clothes, hunting and fishing supplies, and of course guns and ammo.
And in this vid, he and his staff take on the gun-grabbers (specifically Minnesota congressman Rick Nolan and senators Franken and Klobuchar) on the relative deadliness of the common duck-hunting shotgun and the AR-15
Don’t mind the product placement (yay, capitalism); check out the comparative shooting.
Recently in the Green Room:
- Sunday reflection: Matthew 4:1-11
- Rand Paul wins CPAC straw poll
- Real question: Does Obama’s budget fund overseas abortions to protect endangered animals?
- Photo of the day: Crimea now belongs to Russia, at least on Russian propaganda TV
- Vatican: Pope Francis wasn’t talking about same-sex relationships; Update: “Civil unions” explained