Pew global survey: The most anti-American country in the world is…
posted at 12:47 pm on January 12, 2013 by Allahpundit
If you look only at the topline question it’s a tie between Jordan and Pakistan. But don’t look only at the topline question. Click around in the left sidebar at the link and watch how some of the numbers change as you get into specifics — opinions of American democracy, American business, etc. When you get to American technology and scientific advances, even a near-majority of Pakistanis (47/27) have a favorable opinion. There’s only one country where anti-Americans outnumber pro-Americans on every single question. Here’s a hint: We’re duty bound by treaty to come to their defense if they’re attacked.
While you’re there, compare the numbers for “American ideas and customs” to the numbers for “American music, movies, and television.” Hmmm.
Recently in the Green Room:
- Real question: Does Obama’s budget fund overseas abortions to protect endangered animals?
- Photo of the day: Crimea now belongs to Russia, at least on Russian propaganda TV
- Vatican: Pope Francis wasn’t talking about same-sex relationships; Update: “Civil unions” explained
- RNC ad: Crying infant greets Obama’s new debt-laden budget
- Update: Grayson dismisses ‘erratic’ wife after abuse allegation