Green Room

I Don’t Often Recommend Engaging Piers Morgan…

posted at 11:40 pm on January 10, 2013 by

But when I do, I prefer to have Ben Shapiro do the engagement. This, ladies and gentleman, is how it’s done.

So thorough was Morgan beaten on argument during these two segments, what came afterwards was pitiful – Morgan bringing on the victim of gun violence after Shapiro had left to attack him as instransigent. That’s what bullies do. They can’t win when they’re stared down, so instead, they resume the fight when they aren’t directly confronted.

Recently in the Green Room:

Comments

I prefer to have Ben Shapiro do the engagement.

me too! so he can run into buzzsaws like “did nancy lanza go from a good person to a bad person?”

sesquipedalian on January 11, 2013 at 7:55 AM

I read the transcript of this. PErhaps I should watch as well. But I cannot stomach Morgan.
I disagree with Shapiro on several counts.
He thinks a database is OK?
Geebus!
Bad things are against the law.
There was no preventing Sandy Hook other than locking up the mentally ill Lanza a long time ago.
And the Left has made it clear they want to see mentally ill people free to do whatever they wish.
You just cannot have this both ways.

Badger40 on January 11, 2013 at 7:57 AM

I disagree with Shapiro on several counts.
He thinks a database is OK?
Geebus!

Badger40 on January 11, 2013 at 7:57 AM

You should definitely watch it. He destroyed Piers. As for the database, he qualified his support of that by saying he didn’t want one if it was going to be abused and made public like what happened recently with those registered gun owners by that media outlet. Which given how corrupt our political and media institutions are these days means Shapiro likely doesn’t really want a federal database created.

Doughboy on January 11, 2013 at 8:12 AM

What a weenie

cmsinaz on January 11, 2013 at 8:19 AM

Shorter Piers: “I am a god, you dull creature!”
Shorter Ben: “Puny god.”

ZK on January 11, 2013 at 8:24 AM

Piers Morgan does not have a problem with standing on the dead bodies of the children of Sandy Hook, he just has a problem with someone on the right calling him on standing on the dead bodies of the children of Sandy Hook. Exactly right.

Because only the left can have the moral high ground. If you don’t agree with him, then you’re morally bereft and there is something wrong with you.

It’s about creating false dichotomies: you are either “bad” or “good”, there is no other way to frame it. Bad…or…good. Left = good, right = bad.

A childish way of thinking. Kudos to Shapiro for calling the pompous, effite windbag on his shtick.

GeeWhiz on January 11, 2013 at 8:35 AM

Excuse me, Sir Piers, but, in 1994, Ronald Reagan announced he had Alzheimer’s. How did he sign a letter supporting a ban against “assault” weapons?

flyoverland on January 11, 2013 at 9:20 AM

flyoverland on January 11, 2013 at 9:20 AM

I got the impression the letter was written during the eighties. The other signatories were people in politics at the time.

Odysseus on January 11, 2013 at 12:19 PM

The Reagan thing was just another fallacious argument.

Piers is just another bully.

CW on January 11, 2013 at 12:37 PM

When PM signs a fat new contract with CNN, he can thank Republicans.

He has trolled, and dupes have responded. Repeatedly. Morgan is the Westboro church of CNN.

Moesart on January 11, 2013 at 12:46 PM

There’s a better quality version of the Morgan/Shapiro video here:

Sharke on January 11, 2013 at 1:02 PM

Morgan repeatedly stressed ‘Why do citizens NEED an AR-15′ or ‘Why do Americans NEED an assault rifle’. I wanted Shapiro to slap him down with the fact that NEED has nothing really to do with it, we are Americans,we are a free people. We don’t NEED to justify wanting a rifle, or a fast car, or a big house, or whatever! When we show ourselves (individually) to be irresponsible owners/users of said ‘something’, then you can restrict us from it. Until then… Shut up about it!

Jack Slade on January 11, 2013 at 2:48 PM

Sorry, can’t stand to listen to that smarmy weasel for more than 2 seconds. I wish you’d stop acknowledging his existence.

S. D. on January 11, 2013 at 4:59 PM