Green Room

I Don’t Often Recommend Engaging Piers Morgan…

posted at 11:40 pm on January 10, 2013 by

But when I do, I prefer to have Ben Shapiro do the engagement. This, ladies and gentleman, is how it’s done.

So thorough was Morgan beaten on argument during these two segments, what came afterwards was pitiful – Morgan bringing on the victim of gun violence after Shapiro had left to attack him as instransigent. That’s what bullies do. They can’t win when they’re stared down, so instead, they resume the fight when they aren’t directly confronted.

Recently in the Green Room:

Comments

I prefer to have Ben Shapiro do the engagement.

me too! so he can run into buzzsaws like “did nancy lanza go from a good person to a bad person?”

sesquipedalian on January 11, 2013 at 7:55 AM

I read the transcript of this. PErhaps I should watch as well. But I cannot stomach Morgan.
I disagree with Shapiro on several counts.
He thinks a database is OK?
Geebus!
Bad things are against the law.
There was no preventing Sandy Hook other than locking up the mentally ill Lanza a long time ago.
And the Left has made it clear they want to see mentally ill people free to do whatever they wish.
You just cannot have this both ways.

Badger40 on January 11, 2013 at 7:57 AM

I disagree with Shapiro on several counts.
He thinks a database is OK?
Geebus!

Badger40 on January 11, 2013 at 7:57 AM

You should definitely watch it. He destroyed Piers. As for the database, he qualified his support of that by saying he didn’t want one if it was going to be abused and made public like what happened recently with those registered gun owners by that media outlet. Which given how corrupt our political and media institutions are these days means Shapiro likely doesn’t really want a federal database created.

Doughboy on January 11, 2013 at 8:12 AM

What a weenie

cmsinaz on January 11, 2013 at 8:19 AM

Shorter Piers: “I am a god, you dull creature!”
Shorter Ben: “Puny god.”

ZK on January 11, 2013 at 8:24 AM

Piers Morgan does not have a problem with standing on the dead bodies of the children of Sandy Hook, he just has a problem with someone on the right calling him on standing on the dead bodies of the children of Sandy Hook. Exactly right.

Because only the left can have the moral high ground. If you don’t agree with him, then you’re morally bereft and there is something wrong with you.

It’s about creating false dichotomies: you are either “bad” or “good”, there is no other way to frame it. Bad…or…good. Left = good, right = bad.

A childish way of thinking. Kudos to Shapiro for calling the pompous, effite windbag on his shtick.

GeeWhiz on January 11, 2013 at 8:35 AM

Excuse me, Sir Piers, but, in 1994, Ronald Reagan announced he had Alzheimer’s. How did he sign a letter supporting a ban against “assault” weapons?

flyoverland on January 11, 2013 at 9:20 AM

flyoverland on January 11, 2013 at 9:20 AM

I got the impression the letter was written during the eighties. The other signatories were people in politics at the time.

Odysseus on January 11, 2013 at 12:19 PM

The Reagan thing was just another fallacious argument.

Piers is just another bully.

CW on January 11, 2013 at 12:37 PM

When PM signs a fat new contract with CNN, he can thank Republicans.

He has trolled, and dupes have responded. Repeatedly. Morgan is the Westboro church of CNN.

Moesart on January 11, 2013 at 12:46 PM

There’s a better quality version of the Morgan/Shapiro video here:

Sharke on January 11, 2013 at 1:02 PM

Morgan repeatedly stressed ‘Why do citizens NEED an AR-15’ or ‘Why do Americans NEED an assault rifle’. I wanted Shapiro to slap him down with the fact that NEED has nothing really to do with it, we are Americans,we are a free people. We don’t NEED to justify wanting a rifle, or a fast car, or a big house, or whatever! When we show ourselves (individually) to be irresponsible owners/users of said ‘something’, then you can restrict us from it. Until then… Shut up about it!

Jack Slade on January 11, 2013 at 2:48 PM

Sorry, can’t stand to listen to that smarmy weasel for more than 2 seconds. I wish you’d stop acknowledging his existence.

S. D. on January 11, 2013 at 4:59 PM

McConnell may not get his wish on health care vote

Taylor Millard Jun 25, 2017 7:31 PM
Top Pick

Senate leadership wants a vote this week, others say, “Negative, Ghost Rider.”

Top Pick

Helping others without the government.

“…the reality is the reality.”

These kiosks don’t make $15 per hour or need benefits

Going for the record

“We will answer them on the field”

Taking it to the limit

Sunday morning talking heads

Jazz Shaw Jun 25, 2017 8:01 AM

Health care and tweeting and Russia, oh my!

Will they stay or will they go?

I can’t imagine what I was thinking when I said that

Rocking the boat majorly

Big government never contracts. It only grows more powerful

It’s only a “ban” until it becomes inconvenient

The decline and fall of Obamacare and the AHCA

Jazz Shaw Jun 24, 2017 8:31 AM

This was all over before it began

Fixing crime in America is a complicated issue

Taylor Millard Jun 23, 2017 8:31 PM

Cops alone won’t solve it.

Democrats forgot all about the “era of good feelings”

“Bernie and Jane Sanders have lawyered up.”

Winning isn’t everything. It is the only thing

Trump signs VA reform bill into law

John Sexton Jun 23, 2017 2:41 PM

A new era of something.

“…died suddenly in less than a week just after his return to the U.S.”

The shortsightedness of “Denounce and Preserve”

Taylor Millard Jun 23, 2017 12:11 PM

Pragmatism for the sake of pragmatism doesn’t always work.

Perhaps if you threw in a new car?

Gay marriages still growing, but not as fast

Andrew Malcolm Jun 23, 2017 10:31 AM

More, but not as quickly.

Should’ve stuck with the pirate gig. It was working for him

The battle for the rubble of Raqqa is underway

Andrew Malcolm Jun 23, 2017 8:51 AM

Won’t be much left.

Your list of demands is a publicity stunt

“The jobs are still leaving. Nothing has stopped.”

Bad vendor. Bad! No cookie!

“So you want me to sing my praises, is that what you’re saying?”

Why would we possibly want that?

“I mean he sold our country to The Russians.”

I could think of someone else you might want to ask about…