Video: “You smell great, though!”
posted at 11:55 am on January 5, 2013 by Ed Morrissey
How do you get your stolen iPhone back after the thief starts using it to troll dating sites — as yourself? Create a new persona as a flirty girl with, er, huge tracts of land (and a lot of emoticons), and set a trap for the Kissing Bandit. Nadal Nirenberg managed to get both his phone back and a great story to tell of sex, lies, and online-dates:
The man with Nirenberg’s iPhone showed up in a nice jacket, smelling of cologne, and had a bottle of wine, Nirenberg said.
“I followed him up the stairs and he turns around and, basically, I confront him right here,” Nirenberg said. “I put the $20 in his hand to defuse the situation as fast as possible, but I had a hammer in my hand just in case.”
The man handed over the iPhone, took the money and ran, but not before Nirenberg got the last word.
“As he was walking away, I was surprised, I said, ‘You smell great though,’” Nirenberg said.
Recently in the Green Room:
- Sunday reflection: Matthew 4:1-11
- Rand Paul wins CPAC straw poll
- Real question: Does Obama’s budget fund overseas abortions to protect endangered animals?
- Photo of the day: Crimea now belongs to Russia, at least on Russian propaganda TV
- Vatican: Pope Francis wasn’t talking about same-sex relationships; Update: “Civil unions” explained