Green Room

No TEMS today …

posted at 12:31 pm on January 3, 2013 by

… as I’m still getting over a flu/cold combo that’s been kicking my butt since New Year’s Eve.  It came at a particularly bad time, as I had hosted some of my family for a “Summer of ’78 Reunion,” a reference to the last summer my cousins, my sister and I all spent together.  We had a great weekend and were working up to a late-night New Years Eve until I suddenly got a fever and chills.  I spent three days mostly in bed, with the exception of a few hours of couch-potato football viewing.  My family was very understanding — and partied without me and the First Mate, who also got sick and is still in bed.

Anyway, I’m on the mend enough to do some blogging, but not so much that I want to put my runny nose and cough on camera.  We’ll definitely come back tomorrow with Duane “Generalissimo” Patterson to wrap up the holiday news.

Recently in the Green Room:

Comments

Get better!

nazo311 on January 3, 2013 at 12:52 PM

Miss the show Ed.

Hope you and Mrs get better soon.

gwelf on January 3, 2013 at 1:08 PM

Ger well soon, Ed. We’ll survive without TEMS for a few extra days. The current strain of flu is particularly nasty, and bed rest, chicken soup, and a couple belts of good single malt scotch is what the doctor ordered :)

simkeith on January 3, 2013 at 1:11 PM

Get well soon, Ed.

dogsoldier on January 3, 2013 at 1:15 PM

Sending some virtual chicken noodle soup. It works wonders.

Fallon on January 3, 2013 at 1:25 PM

Get well Ed and 1st Mate. Looking forward to the show when it resumes!

pabo on January 3, 2013 at 1:44 PM

Feel better soon Ed!

juanito on January 3, 2013 at 2:03 PM

You’re probably polite to the virus, too. Get well soon. Looking out for the show tomorrow.

ironked on January 3, 2013 at 2:06 PM

Oh man, the First Mate too? Get well soon, both of you.

Steve Eggleston on January 3, 2013 at 2:34 PM

Make sure you catch the swansong lineup of shows on Current TV!

bobnox on January 3, 2013 at 3:11 PM

Sounds about like the doozy I caught at about the same time. It’s a nasty flu season in the Gopher State this year. Hack, wheeze, drink tea, hack & wheeze some more – yeah, it’s a fun time, it is.

whatcat on January 4, 2013 at 8:47 AM