Green Room

No TEMS today …

posted at 12:31 pm on January 3, 2013 by

… as I’m still getting over a flu/cold combo that’s been kicking my butt since New Year’s Eve.  It came at a particularly bad time, as I had hosted some of my family for a “Summer of ’78 Reunion,” a reference to the last summer my cousins, my sister and I all spent together.  We had a great weekend and were working up to a late-night New Years Eve until I suddenly got a fever and chills.  I spent three days mostly in bed, with the exception of a few hours of couch-potato football viewing.  My family was very understanding — and partied without me and the First Mate, who also got sick and is still in bed.

Anyway, I’m on the mend enough to do some blogging, but not so much that I want to put my runny nose and cough on camera.  We’ll definitely come back tomorrow with Duane “Generalissimo” Patterson to wrap up the holiday news.

Recently in the Green Room:

Comments

Get better!

nazo311 on January 3, 2013 at 12:52 PM

Miss the show Ed.

Hope you and Mrs get better soon.

gwelf on January 3, 2013 at 1:08 PM

Ger well soon, Ed. We’ll survive without TEMS for a few extra days. The current strain of flu is particularly nasty, and bed rest, chicken soup, and a couple belts of good single malt scotch is what the doctor ordered 🙂

simkeith on January 3, 2013 at 1:11 PM

Get well soon, Ed.

dogsoldier on January 3, 2013 at 1:15 PM

Sending some virtual chicken noodle soup. It works wonders.

Fallon on January 3, 2013 at 1:25 PM

Get well Ed and 1st Mate. Looking forward to the show when it resumes!

pabo on January 3, 2013 at 1:44 PM

Feel better soon Ed!

juanito on January 3, 2013 at 2:03 PM

You’re probably polite to the virus, too. Get well soon. Looking out for the show tomorrow.

ironked on January 3, 2013 at 2:06 PM

Oh man, the First Mate too? Get well soon, both of you.

Steve Eggleston on January 3, 2013 at 2:34 PM

Make sure you catch the swansong lineup of shows on Current TV!

bobnox on January 3, 2013 at 3:11 PM

Sounds about like the doozy I caught at about the same time. It’s a nasty flu season in the Gopher State this year. Hack, wheeze, drink tea, hack & wheeze some more – yeah, it’s a fun time, it is.

whatcat on January 4, 2013 at 8:47 AM

Top Pick

“The jobs are still leaving. Nothing has stopped.”

Bad vendor. Bad! No cookie!

“So you want me to sing my praises, is that what you’re saying?”

Why would we possibly want that?

“I mean he sold our country to The Russians.”

I could think of someone else you might want to ask about…

Trump: I never made any recordings of Comey

Allahpundit Jun 22, 2017 2:01 PM

Bluff.

Hackers stole private data from election databases

John Sexton Jun 22, 2017 1:21 PM

Failure to protect the city

Big man on the Middle Eastern campus

Biased Americans see media as biased.

Tough times down on the liberal ranch

Will Nancy Pelosi survive this latest Dem disaster?

Andrew Malcolm Jun 22, 2017 8:41 AM

Eat quick, before it’s gone.

Slow your roll, boss

“I’m bothered by the lack of emerging evidence…”

FIrst look at the Senate health bill

John Sexton Jun 21, 2017 9:21 PM

Divide and conquer?

You know, I may have cracked the case for you, guys

“They’re still running against her and still winning races.”

“…the suspect is from Quebec and has a Canadian passport.”

When the Left lost their way on immigration

Jazz Shaw Jun 21, 2017 2:41 PM

It wasn’t all that long ago, really

“I personally watched some of these students go up to Chief Brown, right up to her face, and call her all kinds of names, cursing at her.”

Did the Queen “nix” a Trump visit to London?

Jazz Shaw Jun 21, 2017 12:41 PM

More like wishful thinking on the American left

Sometimes it’s hard. This was the hardest part

Did the polls get the Handel/Ossoff race wrong?

Allahpundit Jun 21, 2017 11:21 AM

Nah.

Physician, heal thyself

Maybe we’ll stay home and watch.