Green Room

Finally: Team O launches inaugural souvenir store

posted at 2:30 pm on January 3, 2013 by

If you’re in town for President Obama’s second inauguration, be sure to stop by and pick up some sweet merch — or just order online!

President Barack Obama’s inaugural team is opening an online and brick-and-mortar store to sell souvenirs…

The Presidential Inaugural Committee launched the online store Thursday. A retail store a few blocks from the White House was scheduled to open Jan. 11. The goods, ranging from $2.50 rulers to $30 champagne flutes to a $7,500 medallion set, also will be sold at some Washington hotels around the Jan. 21 inauguration.

… Proceeds go toward fundraising efforts for the parade, balls and other inaugural celebrations.

Recently in the Green Room:

Comments

How appropriate. They are selling an Obama Golf Divot tool for $15

portlandon on January 3, 2013 at 2:38 PM

Guess these high priced souvenirs goes along with the HI vacation getaway bho/mo/kids/etc have? Must be nice!
L

letget on January 3, 2013 at 2:52 PM

I’d rather gouge my eye out.

gsherin on January 3, 2013 at 2:56 PM

The only souvenir I’d get would be toilet paper.

rbj on January 3, 2013 at 3:05 PM

there’s a typo on one of the buttons offered. all fixed:
“Hail to the Thief”

mittens on January 3, 2013 at 3:35 PM

Proceeds go toward fundraising efforts for … balls

Can we get Republicans to do some fundraising to buy balls? Or spines? Either one, really……..

GWB on January 3, 2013 at 4:26 PM

GWB on January 3, 2013 at 4:26 PM

I’d buy some, if it would help. Hell, I’d write a check for a donation. How much go get them the trifecta, a spine, a pair, and some intestinal fortitude?

iurockhead on January 3, 2013 at 4:52 PM

Sales are flat, go figure.

Bmore on January 3, 2013 at 8:16 PM

Reminiscent of Navin R. Johnson in “The Jerk” . . . “Step right up and get your crap!”

This perennial hustle of trinkets and dinners celebrating Obama’s awesomeness at achieving something demeans the office he holds and reflects what he truly is — a crooked carney in a shabby sideshow trying to buy his “marks” with cheap, shiny junk. This is the man who stands on the shoulders of those who came before him. It’s pitiful, and not enough of us are ashamed.

tpitman on January 4, 2013 at 8:33 AM

Hey, the money for Big Mo’s Brazilian waxing has to come from somewhere.

Pork-Chop on January 4, 2013 at 9:23 AM

What an absolute disgrace! Typical, hypocrite, progressive liberal and a liar. Rome is burning fiercely.

ultracon on January 4, 2013 at 10:03 AM

My favorite is the golf pivot!

amazingmets on January 4, 2013 at 11:49 AM

How about two sticks to rub together?

forest on January 4, 2013 at 12:49 PM

I went through Dulles Airport in late Nov… Loads of Barry gear for sale. I don’t know if they do that with every president or not… but the local flea market has an indoor area that has about 100 small shops. TONS of Obama shirts in there. And about 5-6 places selling them. One shop I swear has dedicated 1/2 there space to the Won.

Was there a stim grant to tee-shirt companies/stores that sell printed Obama shirts?

I can count on one hand the times I’ve actually seen a Barry’s Face shirt being worn. Ever.

I’m waiting for a price drop ($1 bin) then I’ll buy a few for the g’kids. Time capsule them with a note saying ‘this is the Marxist who stole your freedoms and money’.

RalphyBoy on January 4, 2013 at 2:20 PM