Green Room

Boehner to Harry Reid: “Go f*** yourself”

posted at 8:26 am on January 2, 2013 by

Alternate headline: “Boehner reelected Speaker in landslide.”

It was only a few days before the nation would go over the fiscal cliff, no bipartisan agreement was in sight, and Reid had just publicly accused Boehner of running a “dictatorship” in the House and caring more about holding onto his gavel than striking a deal.

“Go f— yourself,” Boehner sniped as he pointed his finger at Reid, according to multiple sources present.

Reid, a bit startled, replied: “What are you talking about?”

Boehner repeated: “Go f— yourself.”

The harsh exchange just a few steps from the Oval Office — which Boehner later bragged about to fellow Republicans — was only one episode in nearly two months of high-stakes negotiations laced with distrust, miscommunication, false starts and yelling matches as Washington struggled to ward off $500 billion in tax hikes and spending cuts.

Recently in the Green Room:

Comments

Alternate headline begs question: So if I tell Boehner to go f*ck himself, does that mean I’ll have support to be speaker?

beatcanvas on January 2, 2013 at 12:28 PM

Kinda depends on how you pronounce “Boehner,” eh?

Pythagoras on January 2, 2013 at 12:42 PM

Conservatives to John Boehner-Go f___ yourself!

redware on January 2, 2013 at 12:47 PM

A dangerous sentiment to express to an alleged pederast…

JohnGalt23 on January 2, 2013 at 1:33 PM

I dunno. From the look on Reid’s face I think he does enough of that already.

HotAirian on January 2, 2013 at 1:33 PM

Personally, I would be grateful for the opportunity to tell Harry Reid to go f*** himself, among other things I have to say to him. But “Go f*** yourself,” covers the broader message.

And Reid isn’t the only one on my list.

novaculus on January 2, 2013 at 1:54 PM

The Democrats already said that to us underlings when they passed Obamacare.

kemojr on January 2, 2013 at 5:31 PM

Top Pick

I can’t imagine what I was thinking when I said that

Top Pick

Rocking the boat majorly

Big government never contracts. It only grows more powerful

It’s only a “ban” until it becomes inconvenient

The decline and fall of Obamacare and the AHCA

Jazz Shaw Jun 24, 2017 8:31 AM

This was all over before it began

Fixing crime in America is a complicated issue

Taylor Millard Jun 23, 2017 8:31 PM

Cops alone won’t solve it.

Democrats forgot all about the “era of good feelings”

“Bernie and Jane Sanders have lawyered up.”

Winning isn’t everything. It is the only thing

Trump signs VA reform bill into law

John Sexton Jun 23, 2017 2:41 PM

A new era of something.

“…died suddenly in less than a week just after his return to the U.S.”

The shortsightedness of “Denounce and Preserve”

Taylor Millard Jun 23, 2017 12:11 PM

Pragmatism for the sake of pragmatism doesn’t always work.

Perhaps if you threw in a new car?

Gay marriages still growing, but not as fast

Andrew Malcolm Jun 23, 2017 10:31 AM

More, but not as quickly.

Should’ve stuck with the pirate gig. It was working for him

The battle for the rubble of Raqqa is underway

Andrew Malcolm Jun 23, 2017 8:51 AM

Won’t be much left.

Your list of demands is a publicity stunt

“The jobs are still leaving. Nothing has stopped.”

Bad vendor. Bad! No cookie!

“So you want me to sing my praises, is that what you’re saying?”

Why would we possibly want that?

“I mean he sold our country to The Russians.”

I could think of someone else you might want to ask about…

Trump: I never made any recordings of Comey

Allahpundit Jun 22, 2017 2:01 PM

Bluff.

Hackers stole private data from election databases

John Sexton Jun 22, 2017 1:21 PM

Failure to protect the city

Big man on the Middle Eastern campus

Biased Americans see media as biased.