Video: Putin responds to claims of human rights violations … by banning U.S. adoptions of Russian children
posted at 11:38 am on December 28, 2012 by Allahpundit
The status of the “reset”:
You have to respect the cartoonish villainy of Putin’s effort to protect human rights abuses by keeping more kids in Russian orphanages.
— Jonah Goldberg (@JonahNRO) December 27, 2012
Just to make the villainy extra cartoonish, the new law doesn’t grandfather in adoptions that are already in progress. Forty-six Russian kids, some of them special needs, were on their way to a better life in the U.S. Not anymore. This is what nationalism looks like in Putin’s Russia, apparently.
Recently in the Green Room:
- Real question: Does Obama’s budget fund overseas abortions to protect endangered animals?
- Photo of the day: Crimea now belongs to Russia, at least on Russian propaganda TV
- Vatican: Pope Francis wasn’t talking about same-sex relationships; Update: “Civil unions” explained
- RNC ad: Crying infant greets Obama’s new debt-laden budget
- Update: Grayson dismisses ‘erratic’ wife after abuse allegation