Green Room

Who’s up for attending Obama’s second “historic” inauguration?

posted at 2:20 pm on December 27, 2012 by

Not as many people as the last time around, apparently — but they’re putting that coveted e-mail list to good use, I see.

Friend –
Because of you, I’ll be taking the oath of office again on January 21st.
I’d like you to be part of this historic moment — whether that’s in Washington, D.C., or wherever you call home.
As we make plans, we want to make sure the people who made this inauguration possible are the first to know what’s happening.
Add your name here to take part in inaugural activities.
I’m honored each and every day to be your president, and I will never forget how I got here.
Thanks,
Barack

Recently in the Green Room:

Comments

Comment pages: 1 2

I refused to watch the first one in 2009; I’m sure as hell not going to bother watching the second one in 2013.

PatriotGal2257 on December 27, 2012 at 8:12 PM

how is syria obama’s responsibility?
sesquipedalian on December 27, 2012 at 7:34 PM

You prove my point.

hawkdriver on December 27, 2012 at 9:26 PM

You prove my point.

hawkdriver on December 27, 2012 at 9:26 PM

hardly. i don’t understand what i should criticize the administration for regarding syria.

sesquipedalian on December 27, 2012 at 9:36 PM

I hope few show. I was going to say that I hope he is thoroughly heckled, but I guess I still have some respect for office of the President even though the current occupant of that office is little deserving of it.

crosspatch on December 27, 2012 at 9:58 PM

it’s all about the budget right? Although our Nation has done without on for 4 straight years and now the climax of the CLIFF!!!

I imagine the Inauguration has a budget. Lots of open rooms, let’s just see how big the budget is and who shows up.

Should be interesting. I say this with the ultimate sarc.

seesalrun2 on December 27, 2012 at 10:25 PM

I will jamming No. 2 pencils in my ears, but thanks for asking.

ConservativeLA on December 27, 2012 at 11:51 PM

hawkdriver on December 27, 2012 at 9:26 PM

sesquipedalian on December 27, 2012 at 9:36 PM

You just “don’t understand”. Politics are more important to you than honor or truth.

This is the worst president in our lifetime. Whatever you’ve condemned Bush about, this man has done the same in spades. You’re too much of a hypocrite to admit it though. I could not stand to be you and think like you, for all the money in the world.

You are truly pathetic.

hawkdriver on December 28, 2012 at 12:23 AM

Still watin’ for my mortgage to be paid and my free gas..mofo gets one more chance

bluesdoc70 on December 28, 2012 at 12:57 AM

I’d rather swim in a river of snot.

Kungfoochimp on December 28, 2012 at 8:22 AM

hawkdriver on December 28, 2012 at 12:23 AM

it’s clearly not true. for an obvious example, we don’t torture anymore. for another, compare iraq and libya in terms of US troops lost, or 9/11 to the benghazi four as the biggest security fiascos under each presidency. compare abottabad to tora bora. economically, the bush tax cuts, medicare part d and a needlessly fought war exploded the deficit. mismanagement and deregulation under bush led to a financial crisis and the worst recession since the 1930s. you cannot ignore the fact that the economy has improved a great deal since january 2009, when we were losing over 700,000 jobs per month.

sesquipedalian on December 28, 2012 at 8:26 AM

sesquipedalian on December 28, 2012 at 8:26 AM

You’re in denial because you worship him like a God. And you’re almost lying by saying you’re not holding him to a different standard than George Bush.

There is no argument.

If the left doesn’t hold obama responsible for his Middle East meddling, how can they keep going back to Reagan and the Contras as their example of evil US intervention?

You guys don’t just want it both ways, you want it any way you can explain yourself into a corner over to justify your current frame of mind. To rationalize the current misstep of this guy. ANd once again, you’ve admitted that Syria has not gone well yet are still so afraid of getting a little of the blood on obamas hands, you refuse to even mention in the same sentence with him.

He smeared blood all over his face warrior style taking credit for UBL. Give him credit where he fails as well. Put some squarely on his hands where it belongs.

hawkdriver on December 28, 2012 at 8:53 AM

sesquipedalian on December 28, 2012 at 8:26 AM

Laughable comment in reference to the economy and unemployment numbers. You’re deluded. And frankly, your childish writing style is about all I can stand.

Have a great New Year.

hawkdriver on December 28, 2012 at 8:59 AM

of course i’m biased by i try to be objective.

hawkdriver on December 28, 2012 at 8:53 AM

you’re comically exaggerating obama’s role in syria. by your comments you’d think he started the war himself let alone commanding a force that participatess in it.

sesquipedalian on December 28, 2012 at 9:22 AM

hawkdriver on December 28, 2012 at 8:59 AM

and yet, it’s true.

sesquipedalian on December 28, 2012 at 9:25 AM

Nah. Too much security.

Ronnie on December 28, 2012 at 9:28 AM

Yet, no it’s not true. It’s the worst economy I’ve had to deal with in my lifetime. The only period you could laughingly call worse was Carter with the double digit inflation.

Dude, go to his inauguration. He’s your president. You seem to like the lies. When you’re there, ask Hillary how the “concussion” is.

hawkdriver on December 28, 2012 at 9:29 AM

Ask Ambassador Stevens how the deal to get arms to the rebels in ….

Oh wait.

hawkdriver on December 28, 2012 at 9:31 AM

Anyone recall how pretty they left the mall ?
O crap that rhymes ………

Lucano on December 28, 2012 at 9:34 AM

hawkdriver on December 28, 2012 at 9:29 AM

the economy is bad but you can’t plausibly deny that the it is doing much better than the free fall of late 2008-2009 that bush left as a parting gift. this is also the age of globalization, and as you know there’s also been a worldwide economic downturn. from a global perspective, the US has been doing much better than most other advanced economies. the numbers speak for themselves.

sesquipedalian on December 28, 2012 at 9:39 AM

I would rather listen to Roseanne Barr sing the National Anthem.

kingsjester on December 28, 2012 at 9:45 AM

No, and I don’t want to see some RINO plant some juicy wet kiss on his face either.

Red Creek on December 28, 2012 at 10:00 AM

I hope it’s a day of very strong sleet . That always makes people smile .

Lucano on December 28, 2012 at 10:18 AM

The only way you could get me to watch would be to put me in restraints and pry open my eyes like that Clockwork Orange guy.

The Rogue Tomato on December 28, 2012 at 11:57 AM

Maybe a giant sinkhole will open up and swallow all of them.

scboy on December 28, 2012 at 1:16 PM

how is syria obama’s responsibility?
sesquipedalian on December 27, 2012 at 7:34 PM

sesquipedalian on December 27, 2012 at 9:36 PM

Intelligence and knowledge are very indignant.

These comments are proof that sesqui is just a paid uninformed propagandist.

Their heads are shot first. Seen that picture before. They just don’t know how much dictators hate weasels.

Schadenfreude on December 28, 2012 at 1:44 PM

Dear Barack,

I have an appointment to place my nuts in a vice and will not be able to attend.

WestTexasBirdDog on December 27, 2012 at 4:41 PM

I will jamming No. 2 pencils in my ears, but thanks for asking.

ConservativeLA on December 27, 2012 at 11:51 PM

I’d rather swim in a river of snot.

Kungfoochimp on December 28, 2012 at 8:22 AM

I would rather listen to Roseanne Barr sing the National Anthem.

kingsjester on December 28, 2012 at 9:45 AM

All of these and more……

congma on December 28, 2012 at 2:13 PM

Anyone else think it’s awfully fishy how they had to BEG people to go to the Democrat Nat’l Convention (they bussed people in!) and now they have to beg people to attend this waste-of-time event? Just doesn’t seem like he should have to go to these measures if he truly won more than 50% of the popular vote and more than 300 electoral college votes….

Where are all of the zombies who pulled the lever for him in November? Send this email to the cemetaries, because I have a feeling those people are his base and the reason he was elected. FRAUD!

justjulie20 on December 28, 2012 at 2:36 PM

I would rather listen to Roseanne Barr sing the National Anthem.

kingsjester on December 28, 2012 at 9:45 AM

LMAO! That’s funny!

PatriotGal2257 on December 27, 2012 at 8:12 PM

justjulie20 on December 28, 2012 at 2:36 PM

yeah…

and there’s this one…

Nah. Too much security.

Ronnie on December 28, 2012 at 9:28 AM

Can.I.be.in.the.middle on December 28, 2012 at 2:56 PM

Intelligence and knowledge are very indignant.

These comments are proof that sesqui is just a paid uninformed propagandist.

Schadenfreude on December 28, 2012 at 1:44 PM

That better be televised.

tom daschle concerned on December 28, 2012 at 4:08 PM

Hawkdriver ,
You have the patience of a saint .
May I call you Saint Hawkdriver ?

Lucano on December 28, 2012 at 4:46 PM

That better be televised.

tom daschle concerned on December 28, 2012 at 4:08 PM

bloodthirsty philistine.

sesquipedalian on December 28, 2012 at 5:46 PM

Of course the numbers are down. They remember the Purple Tunnel of Doom!

Galtian on December 29, 2012 at 8:49 PM

sesquipedalian on December 28, 2012 at 8:26 AM

Let’s take this one thing at a time:

1. We still do everything we did under the Bush Administration, including extraordinary rendition and waterboarding. Obama has greenlighted and expanded every single one of Bush’s PATRIOT Act policies, and most recently had the person who created the “anti-Islamic video” abducted by US Federal agents. Furthermore, Obama has managed to worsen our approval in the Middle East because his insane ideology demands he choose either death from above via drone strikes or civilian trials for terrorists. He has by and large gone for death from above after floating the Khalid Sheik Mohammed trial balloon.

2. Blaming tax cuts for a deficit is the talking point of invincible economic ignorance. Obama’s stimulus spending matched in a single bill the entire spending on the Iraq War up to that point, a time period equal to eight years. You sir are a moron and serf who not only cannot identify the source of our long-term economic woes, you also believe government has the first claim on your labor and are unfit to call yourself an American.

3. Obamacare makes Medicare Part D look like a picnic, and in order to fund it Obama slashed Medicare and counted it twice. Having already established your economic ignorance above though, I doubt this fact will penetrate.

4. It was the Communinity Reinvestment Act and leftist thuggery that incentivized banks to lend to people they should not have lended to – a program started under Jimmy Carter and expanded by Bill Clinton, which Bush attempted to curtail unsuccessfully years before the housing bubble this policy finally popped.

5. Choosing the low point of a recession job fallout as a constant baseline is blatantly arguing in bad faith, and disgusting. Obama’s method of reducing unemployment is to create an economy so foul the primary driver of lower unemployment is a plummeting of the participation rate. Where the recession caused people to lose jobs without reducing the total number considered available, Obama’s economy is one where jobs available are atomized for political expediency so economically illiterate morons like you can praise it.

Something that might be easier for you to grasp is gas prices. At the end of Bush’s term it was $1.89 a gallon. It has not dropped below $3.00 a gallon for any point in time during the Obama Administration after hitting that mark, and hovered around $4.00 a gallon for a substantial portion of it.

Go back into your hole, squid. We’re done here.

BKennedy on January 1, 2013 at 2:40 AM