Green Room

Who’s up for attending Obama’s second “historic” inauguration?

posted at 2:20 pm on December 27, 2012 by

Not as many people as the last time around, apparently — but they’re putting that coveted e-mail list to good use, I see.

Friend –
Because of you, I’ll be taking the oath of office again on January 21st.
I’d like you to be part of this historic moment — whether that’s in Washington, D.C., or wherever you call home.
As we make plans, we want to make sure the people who made this inauguration possible are the first to know what’s happening.
Add your name here to take part in inaugural activities.
I’m honored each and every day to be your president, and I will never forget how I got here.
Thanks,
Barack

Recently in the Green Room:

Comments

Comment pages: 1 2

I’d love to, but there’s a lot of stuff I need to get done. Clean the bathroom, laundry, figure out how I’m gonna keep my house with the new taxes, etc.

You know, the things we REAL people need to worry about. I just can’t afford to go to Washington to be part of the adoring mob scene.

Frankly, I’m sort of surprised he hasn’t worked on getting a white ass to ride on, and have the crowds holding Lilies and singing Hozzanas while he passes them.

TKindred on December 27, 2012 at 2:25 PM

I would rather eat a pound of worms than to go see bho’s inauguration! For that matter, our house won’t even watch that anti-American snake on the tube!
L

letget on December 27, 2012 at 2:25 PM

I got out of town last time. Probably will get out of town again this time. Why would I go endure the insane security and traffic hassles to stand in the cold and listen to a blowhard blather on and on about nothing?

dczombie on December 27, 2012 at 2:40 PM

I think these huge inaugural events are always a waste of time and, more importantly, taxpayer money. But if we have to do them, can we at least only do them the first time a new president is inaugurated? I mean, Obama is already the president. Bush was already the president in 2004. Why do we need another lavish ceremony just to say “yup, you’re still it”?

And in this case, the actual swearing in will take place in private on a Sunday, and the inaugural event will be 100% ceremonial with no actual Constitutional purpose. Making it even less relevant than normal.

Shump on December 27, 2012 at 2:41 PM

Are they going to be handing out OBAMAPHONES and other freeloader swag?

Pork-Chop on December 27, 2012 at 2:43 PM

ROFL

They’re practically begging people to attend this time around.

Funny how 4 years of disaster can sour people on a dude who promised them the world.

Bishop on December 27, 2012 at 2:49 PM

What’s in it for me?

EdmundBurke247 on December 27, 2012 at 3:05 PM

All Obutthead cares about is not being embarrassed bcuz compared to four years ago he’s not the big cheese he was then–now he only smells like it.

stukinIL4now on December 27, 2012 at 3:09 PM

Bishop on December 27, 2012 at 2:49 PM

indeed.

sesquipedalian on December 27, 2012 at 3:18 PM

… and I will never forget how I got here

Namely, Affirmative Action.

KS Rex on December 27, 2012 at 3:38 PM

I figure I’ll just work that day. Evidently, I’m going to be needing the money.

trigon on December 27, 2012 at 4:11 PM

I wouldn’t want to hear a guy talk about himself for two hours, would you?

Hummer53 on December 27, 2012 at 4:19 PM

I will not be attending. I am expecting my Netflix to be on, and I will have a bag of Fritos.
Sorry, Presizzle!

Frank_D on December 27, 2012 at 4:29 PM

Dear Barack,

I have an appointment to place my nuts in a vice and will not be able to attend.

WestTexasBirdDog on December 27, 2012 at 4:41 PM

I’d go…if lunch were provided. Oh, and a free car (I’m not flying with the Touch and Squeeze Agency), free hotel room, etc…

Othniel on December 27, 2012 at 5:12 PM

sesquipedalian on December 27, 2012 at 3:18 PM

You’re a true Obama cultist.

TarheelBen on December 27, 2012 at 5:26 PM

indeed.

sesquipedalian on December 27, 2012 at 3:18 PM

Worshipping your God. Pathetic.

hawkdriver on December 27, 2012 at 5:39 PM

Friend – Because of you, I’ll be taking the oath of office again on January 21st.

Don`t blame this on me!

ThePrez on December 27, 2012 at 5:52 PM

This will be the first inauguration that I will have chosen to miss. Not only do I refuse to take part in it and watch the adoring mob of idiots, but I haven’t watched or listened to this traitor since his “re-election”, nor will I ever do so. I have never felt so much vile and hatred toward a politician of any sort like I do this a$$hole and ALL of those who support him. We are so very screwed. Not because of one man, or even one party, but because of the multitudes of imbeciles who cry out to cut their very own throats. And ours along with them.

HiJack on December 27, 2012 at 5:56 PM

Obama Inauguration < Frontal Lobotomy

portlandon on December 27, 2012 at 5:56 PM

Four years ago some friends and I celebrated the IGNORE-Uration by going to Atlantic City for the day. Can’t afford to do that this year. I’ll figure out a way to ignore the whole thing right here at home.

Naturally Curly on December 27, 2012 at 5:59 PM

Worshipping your God. Pathetic.

hawkdriver on December 27, 2012 at 5:39 PM

sour grapes by the ton.

sesquipedalian on December 27, 2012 at 6:04 PM

hawkdriver on December 27, 2012 at 5:39 PM
sour grapes by the ton.

sesquipedalian on December 27, 2012 at 6:04 PM

No, it’s the truth. You’ll acknowledge none of his failures. You’re a cultist. Even people like me who thought the world of George Bush understood his shortcomings and human nature. You will admit nothing Obama has done that’s failed.

BTW, in a previous discussion about what the US was responsible for overseas …

In both Iraq and Afghanistan, we want self-determination, but a realistic, holistic self-determination legitimized by free elections and secret ballots

which enables us to claim the moral high ground and torture people. sweet.

sesquipedalian on April 28, 2009 at 3:13 PM

What about Syria with the obama backed rebels executing prisoners? Nothing? Hypocrite. Oh, sorry. According to you and the US press, “made-up scandals”.

hawkdriver on December 27, 2012 at 6:11 PM

Worshipping your God. Pathetic.

hawkdriver on December 27, 2012 at 5:39 PM
sour grapes by the ton.

sesquipedalian on December 27, 2012 at 6:04 PM

And BTW, we learned how to show respect for the president from your side.

hawkdriver on December 27, 2012 at 6:12 PM

hawkdriver on December 27, 2012 at 6:11 PM

Concur.

sesquipedalian can’t help itself. There are, after all, none so blind as those who cannot see.

TKindred on December 27, 2012 at 6:14 PM

From a Michael Barone article long ago.

Whence cometh the fury of these people? I think it arises less from revulsion at interrogation techniques — who thinks that captured al Qaeda leaders should be treated politely and will then tell the whole truth? — than it does from a desire to see George W. Bush and Bush administration officials publicly humiliated and repudiated. Just as Madame Defarge relished watching the condemned walk from the tumbrel to the guillotine, our contemporary Defarges want to see the people they hate condemned and destroyed.

sesquid said then …

where was this cretin when bill clinton was impeached? what was that about? genuine concern for the country’s future?

we just want the truth.

sesquipedalian on April 27, 2009 at 5:08 PM

Not now.

hawkdriver on December 27, 2012 at 6:21 PM

i’ll be busy washing my hair…sorry

cmsinaz on December 27, 2012 at 6:27 PM

with your warmongering, torture-promoting, xenophobic, anti-gay, anti-intellectual, anti-science agenda.

sesquipedalian on February 25, 2010 at 3:23 PM

Great commercials that were never made.

“Hmm, sesquipedian never has a second cup of war under the Bush Administration. He’s had three now and he loves them.”

Try new and improved “Obama Wars” and inhumane treatment of those held in captivity.

hawkdriver on December 27, 2012 at 6:31 PM

(Losing comments. Sorry if this repeats)

From a Michael Barone article long ago.

Whence cometh the fury of these people? I think it arises less from revulsion at interrogation techniques — who thinks that captured al Qaeda leaders should be treated politely and will then tell the whole truth? — than it does from a desire to see George W. Bush and Bush administration officials publicly humiliated and repudiated. Just as Madame Defarge relished watching the condemned walk from the tumbrel to the gu!llotine, our contemporary Defarges want to see the people they hate condemned and destroyed.

we just want the truth.

sesquipedalian on April 27, 2009 at 5:08 PM

Not now.

Made up scandals.

hawkdriver on December 27, 2012 at 6:32 PM

also, in hyptethical trials, bush/cheney would be judged more harshly for torturing prisoners, both US citizens and others, than obama/biden for assassinating an American on a battlefield. (yes, yemen is a battlefield.)

sesquipedalian on October 20, 2011 at 2:35 PM

Yes, Syria is a battlefield.

Funny about “made-up scandals”.

hawkdriver on December 27, 2012 at 6:37 PM

also, in hyptethical trials, bush/cheney would be judged more harshly for torturing prisoners, both US citizens and others, than obama/biden for assass1nating an American on a battlefield. (yes, yemen is a battlefield.)

sesquipedalian on October 20, 2011 at 2:35 PM

Yes, Syria is a battlefield.

Funny about made-up scandals.

hawkdriver on December 27, 2012 at 6:38 PM

Nothing?

pffft

Hypocrite.

hawkdriver on December 27, 2012 at 6:41 PM

The MSM will be given all the best camera vantage points.

We will have the talking heads telling us what to think, how to feel and how lucky we all are to be witness to this second blessed event.

So, why go?

TimBuk3 on December 27, 2012 at 6:41 PM

hawkdriver on December 27, 2012 at 6:11 PM

it’s not the same as US servicemen torturing people at the president’s insistence. i deplore the execution of prisoners by the syrian rebels, but if supporting them helps bring the bloodshed to an end, it is ultimately better than letting it go on.

i have been critical of the obama administration on several occasions and expressed it here on this site. surely you can find some examples if you keep looking. to give you a pointer, i disagreed with the lybian intervention. i’ve been opposed to the targeted killing of US citizens. i was also bitterly disappointed by his insistence on seeking bipartisanship when dealing with a recalcitrant, tea party-infested gop.

sesquipedalian on December 27, 2012 at 6:48 PM

Not now.

Made up scandals.

hawkdriver on December 27, 2012 at 6:32 PM

to be fair, it seems like i was way ahead of my time calling michael barone a cretin.

sesquipedalian on December 27, 2012 at 6:50 PM

sesquipedalian on December 27, 2012 at 6:48 PM

You addressed nothing hypocrite.

This is the FSA being funded by the obama administration.

I’ll spare you the video. But this is your administration. Your president.

You said Bush/Cheney should be on trial. wtf hypocrite?

hawkdriver on December 27, 2012 at 6:55 PM

hawkdriver on December 27, 2012 at 6:32 PM

sesquipedalian on December 27, 2012 at 6:50 PM

That’s it? You can’t address your hypocrisy? Make a joke?

Your side is nothing but lies. You never cared about war crimes unless you thought you could pin it on the Bush Administration. Your side cost American lives with your stirred up fake controversies. You want to see some ugly treatment of prisoners. Look to the obama sponsored wars in Egypt, Libya and Syria.

But again, I concede the majority of the media grabs it’s ankles for obama daily. Nothing will ever come of our calls for truth. Remember here?

we just want the truth.

sesquipedalian on April 27, 2009 at 5:08 PM

You get to define “scandal” because of the media lapdogs your side owns. You shouldn’t deny it. You should brag about it.

hawkdriver on December 27, 2012 at 7:00 PM

You addressed nothing hypocrite.

hawkdriver on December 27, 2012 at 6:55 PM

denial won’t win you arguments. any sane person would tell you that there’s a big moral gap between torture as US policy and supporting one side in a bloody civil conflict where human rights violations are common.

sesquipedalian on December 27, 2012 at 7:00 PM

That’s it? You can’t address your hypocrisy? Make a joke?

hawkdriver on December 27, 2012 at 7:00 PM

a good laugh helps sometimes.

sesquipedalian on December 27, 2012 at 7:01 PM

That’s it? You can’t address your hypocrisy? Make a joke?

hawkdriver on December 27, 2012 at 7:00 PM
a good laugh helps sometimes.

sesquipedalian on December 27, 2012 at 7:01 PM

In your face it doesn’t matter stuff, right? My guy owns the media so you don’t have to care right? Big joke after calling for Bush/Cheney to go on trial for torture, right?

You make one comment about Syria being obama’s success, you better be ready to own the murder and torture being committed by the rebels he’s funding too.

hawkdriver on December 27, 2012 at 7:04 PM

hawkdriver on December 27, 2012 at 7:00 PM

i do brag about it. when you complain about the insidious impact of the liberal media on changing norms, i totally buy it. there’a also the element of supply and demand with the media – giving customers what they want to hear and read. regardless, you’re basically right. and it’s all for the better, of course.

anyway, i’ve been much more principled in my political stances than you give me credit for.

sesquipedalian on December 27, 2012 at 7:12 PM

hawkdriver on December 27, 2012 at 6:55 PM
denial won’t win you arguments.

Are you making that comment to yourself? Obama has funded one murderous failing rampage after the other. He called a drone in on a US citizen. Not that “I” care about that one, but “you” would be screaming bloody murder had Bush done it. You demonstrated it countless times in your comments about him.

sesquipedalian on December 27, 2012 at 7:00 PM

And liberal person would tell you during the Bush Administration tenure, he was culpable for everything he sponsored. You also blamed Bush for what happened to prisoners when they fell under other countries care with renditions.

You’re the one completely denial.

And not worth the time. This is the worst president in my lifetime. And you worship him because the media managed to reelect him.

I’ve told you you’re pathetic, right?

And a hypocrite right?

hawkdriver on December 27, 2012 at 7:14 PM

hawkdriver on December 27, 2012 at 7:04 PM

let me assure you, i can’t in any way think of syria as a success.

sesquipedalian on December 27, 2012 at 7:15 PM

sesquipedalian on December 27, 2012 at 7:12 PM

On what planet? Sorry, must go now. You either are deranged, or this is a game to you.

hawkdriver on December 27, 2012 at 7:16 PM

hawkdriver on December 27, 2012 at 7:04 PM
let me assure you, i can’t in any way think of syria as a success.

sesquipedalian on December 27, 2012 at 7:15 PM

But not to the point where you might actually find some fault in obama’s performance? Here, you as much admit Syria has turned out very brutal and ugly. By not denying it. Yet you omit obama from any discussion of it. I guess by not including him in the discussion, he’s not at all responsible? Is that how the liberal mind works?

hawkdriver on December 27, 2012 at 7:20 PM

as i said above, i’m opposed to the assassination of US citizens. i’m also increasingly wary of drone warfare in general.

I’ve told you you’re pathetic, right?

And a hypocrite right?

hawkdriver on December 27, 2012 at 7:14 PM

you failed to make a coherent case for me being a hypocrite. simple political preference is not hypocrisy.

sesquipedalian on December 27, 2012 at 7:24 PM

… i’ve been opposed to the targeted killing of US citizens.

If this is true, the only reason you’ve been opposed is because the “wrong” US citizens (ones with ties to Islamist groups) have been targeted. If Obama were targeting Tea Party members, gun owners, Republican politicians, prominent Christians, etc., you’d not only be applauding him along with the rest of the left and the MSM, you’d be burning up the tip lines turning in neighbors, relatives, posters on this site, and others you know who belong to those groups, in the hope they’d end up on the target list.

Gator Country on December 27, 2012 at 7:26 PM

Gator Country on December 27, 2012 at 7:26 PM

i promise i won’t do that.

sesquipedalian on December 27, 2012 at 7:28 PM

hawkdriver on December 27, 2012 at 7:20 PM

how is syria obama’s responsibility? i don’t think obama should do much other than tacit (and some material) support to the rebels. his first priority, rightly, is to end the civil war as soon as possible. you can than worry about what comes next, but we’re way beyond the point, especially considering the broader context of the arab spring, when supporting assad was still an option.

sesquipedalian on December 27, 2012 at 7:34 PM

I’m sorry, everybody, but we have to attend Pope Jugears’ inauguration. It’s now an Unholy Day of Obligation.

SagebrushPuppet on December 27, 2012 at 7:37 PM