Green Room

Video: Meet the woman who got fired for being irresistible

posted at 1:41 pm on December 23, 2012 by

It took the dentist 10 years to decide that she’s too alluring for him to employ safely?

On the other hand, if this was just a pretext, it’s an awfully odd choice of pretext. Why risk a lawsuit by sexualizing the reason for dismissing her when you could simply say you weren’t happy with her work?

Update: Your quote of the day:

“Dr. Knight acknowledges he once told Nelson that if she saw his pants bulging, she would know her clothing was too revealing,” the justices wrote.

Recently in the Green Room:

Comments

Comment pages: 1 2

I like how they just cycle through two pictures over and over again, jut in case you miss it for the tenth time.

drewwerd on December 23, 2012 at 1:53 PM

I know this may possibly be a foreign concept to you, AllahPudit, but maybe he’s just being honest.

You know- telling the truth, the whole truth, and nothing but the truth

Bah. What does it matter now anyway? He won.

SD Tom on December 23, 2012 at 1:58 PM

“Be happy in your work!”

– Colonel Saito, The Bridge on the River Kwai

Seth Halpern on December 23, 2012 at 2:04 PM

She must have one killer body, because her face is pretty plain.

AUINSC on December 23, 2012 at 2:14 PM

She must have one killer body, because her face is pretty plain.

AUINSC on December 23, 2012 at 2:14 PM

Beat me to it, I was thinking the exact same thing.

ButterflyDragon on December 23, 2012 at 2:46 PM

Inconclusive. Let us see those two photographs again…

8thAirForce on December 23, 2012 at 2:48 PM

I dunno. You think Troy Aikman with a wig?

Red Creek on December 23, 2012 at 2:57 PM

I suffer every day from women I see in public giving me chubs. They don’t seem to care and insult me for merely mentioning it. I am a victim. Daily visual assaults that affect my manhood and society doesn’t even seem to care.

MechanicalBill on December 23, 2012 at 3:20 PM

Sounds like sexual harassment to me. She should have quit on the spot.

I wonder if her sympathizers will now make LOTS of teeth cleaning appointments and fail to keep them – best way to piss off a dentist.

fred5678 on December 23, 2012 at 3:26 PM

After asking her if she had an affair with her boss and she said, “Certainly not”, he was lost for questions to ask her. This say a lot about the interviewer.

mixplix on December 23, 2012 at 3:34 PM

Resistible.

Stoic Patriot on December 23, 2012 at 3:42 PM

I think there is more to the story. Not saying they were having an affair. But was there major flirting going….maybe an emotional affair?

terryannonline on December 23, 2012 at 3:53 PM

She looks a bit like Dee (Kaitlin Olson) from ‘It’s Always Sunny in Philadelphia.”

sentinelrules on December 23, 2012 at 3:57 PM

And of course, this being America the woman co-operated with the press, gave a statement through her lawyer, and even handed over family photographs.

CorporatePiggy on December 23, 2012 at 4:10 PM

Too fat! (look at the upper arms).

OldEnglish on December 23, 2012 at 4:15 PM

Yep. And why would the young woman risk filing a lawsuit when she knew it would humiliate her husband once it came out that she had complained to her boss about not getting enough sex at home, which made ‘Dr. Hardt Johnson‘ reply some stupid sh!t about leaving a fancy hotbodrod in the garage instead of driving it.

Ladysmith CulchaVulcha on December 23, 2012 at 4:29 PM

The fact that it took ten years for him to say something, assuming he’s telling the truth, would suggest to me that she had recently begun to change her behavior and/or style of dress.

j2kp0t on December 23, 2012 at 4:42 PM

Looks like she didn’t start wearing tight clothes but grew into them until they were tight.

Dusty on December 23, 2012 at 4:43 PM

Watch the W.C.Fields short where he’s a Dentist. He would have had a Field day with this woman. Couldn’t help myself.

bluesdoc70 on December 23, 2012 at 4:53 PM

Is Allah feeling a little funny in the pants?

Attila (Pillage Idiot) on December 23, 2012 at 6:08 PM

While I sympathize with the concept of being able to hire and fire anybody who works directly for you, for any reason whatsoever, the logic employed whereby he let her go because he was tempted by her is the logic used by Muslim culture to make women cover every inch of their bodies with fabric.

I’m thinking that his wife knew about this woman working for her husband and threatened to withhold sex or divorce him if he didn’t put his wife before his employee….and fire the employee. This is not something that a man would’ve done of his own volition, but it sure sounds like something a jealous spouse would put a man up to in order to prove fidelity. There may have also been something else going on behind the scenes to cause all of this, something that we haven’t yet heard about.

mintycrys on December 23, 2012 at 6:13 PM

Dusty on December 23, 2012 at 4:43 PM

BWAHAHAHAHAHAHA

That’s awesome…

Anyway, for her to be irresistible shows this country must so tolerant of hardline islamists, we allow them to open dental practices.

budfox on December 23, 2012 at 6:15 PM

CorporatePiggy on December 23, 2012 at 4:10 PM

Along the lines of my thinking … such as, when will we be seeing a full spread layout in Playboy followed by the Reality TV Show?

ShainS on December 23, 2012 at 6:18 PM

If he was really saying offensive things to her over time, and she wasn’t playing a game of office teasing back and forth, she should have gone after him well before this as a “hostile work environment,” and hired media ho Gloria A. Sounds like there’s waaay more to this tale.

di butler on December 23, 2012 at 6:20 PM

mintycrys on December 23, 2012 at 6:13 PM

You “sympathize with the concept”, yet don’t like logic he used…I have to admit, I find any point you are making here to be muddled.

So, which side are you on – do you support at-will firing, or not?

Anti-Control on December 23, 2012 at 6:44 PM

di butler on December 23, 2012 at 6:20 PM

I agree with you completely.

Anti-Control on December 23, 2012 at 6:45 PM

Get a load of Dr. Bizarro, his rad tattoo, and his wife!

Ladysmith CulchaVulcha on December 23, 2012 at 6:45 PM

Seems like a very fair and straightforward system to me. This man knows how to run an office.

Chuck Schick on December 23, 2012 at 6:46 PM

I like how this idiot judge used the same line of reasoning the Muslims employ to keep women in garbage bags/bed sheets.

antisense on December 23, 2012 at 6:54 PM

Get a load of Dr. Bizarro, his rad tattoo, and his wife!

Ladysmith CulchaVulcha on December 23, 2012 at 6:45 PM

lol

ShainS on December 23, 2012 at 6:18 PM

I am sorry (not really! :D), but that lady is a freak in my book, in more ways than one.

Anti-Control on December 23, 2012 at 7:01 PM

antisense on December 23, 2012 at 6:54 PM

And I like how you chose your name perfectly!

Anti-Control on December 23, 2012 at 7:04 PM

She must have one killer body, because her face is pretty plain.

AUINSC on December 23, 2012 at 2:14 PM

Or the dentist must be butt-ugly. Average people are ‘hot’ to uglies.

thinkagain on December 23, 2012 at 7:26 PM

I think we need to see a picture of the wife.

PersonFromPorlock on December 23, 2012 at 7:29 PM

Or the dentist must be butt-ugly. Average people are ‘hot’ to uglies.

thinkagain on December 23, 2012 at 7:26 PM

I think we need to see a picture of the wife.

PersonFromPorlock on December 23, 2012 at 7:29 PM

Please click my link @6:45

Anti-Control on December 23, 2012 at 7:01 PM

Ladysmith CulchaVulcha on December 23, 2012 at 7:51 PM

If they’re in a right to work state he can fire you for any reason (except those relating to special classes as laid out by the Constitution). Suck it up and move on.

Mitoch55 on December 23, 2012 at 8:35 PM

It took him ten years to figure out that he wanted to bang her?

When you think about it, there are only two possible explanations for why he fired her after all these years. Either:

A) Something happened, or

B) Something DIDN’T happen.

And they’re both equally bad.

logis on December 23, 2012 at 8:46 PM

I’ll bet AP has had the bathroom at his mother’s house locked up with him and this video all day…..

williamg on December 23, 2012 at 8:55 PM

Is there really such a thing as irresistible? Either man or woman? Principles should trample carnal desire, should it not?

ojfltx on December 23, 2012 at 9:07 PM

The guy’s fat wife made him fire her.

Moesart on December 23, 2012 at 9:11 PM

They forgot to mention that her a%% tastes like French Vanilla Ice Cream…

Seven Percent Solution on December 23, 2012 at 9:12 PM

This Doc must have pretty low standards. Good grief, she is the poster girl for “Plain Jane”. She’s not Behar-ugly or anything but she’s not hot either.

Alabama Infidel on December 23, 2012 at 9:21 PM

I was once fired for being irresistible, so I can sympathize with her.

Glenn Jericho on December 23, 2012 at 9:34 PM

There is a high likelihood Anti-Control gets off on thinking women who get raped “deserve it”. I reckon a good number of HotGassers just wish they were in a position where they could make life very uncomfortable for a hot XX chromosomed individual.

antisense on December 23, 2012 at 9:39 PM

She must have one killer body, because her face is pretty plain.

AUINSC on December 23, 2012 at 2:14 PM

Beat me to it, I was thinking the exact same thing.

ButterflyDragon on December 23, 2012 at 2:46 PM

While that may be true, a woman’s charm is something that has to be experienced in person to be “quantified”.

There is a woman in my office that exudes this incredible (knee-weakening) charm and sex appeal – yet, if you were to see her in a still photograph you would be underwhelmed to say the least.

turfmann on December 23, 2012 at 9:46 PM

I was once fired for being irresistible, so I can sympathize with her.

Glenn Jericho on December 23, 2012 at 9:34 PM

I, as well…

It is our burdensome cross to bear, but we persevere!

turfmann on December 23, 2012 at 9:47 PM

Get a load of Dr. Bizarro, his rad tattoo, and his wife!

Ladysmith CulchaVulcha on December 23, 2012 at 6:45 PM

From the link:

Knight’s wife, who also works in the dental office, demanded Nelson be fired when she discovered text messages

There was a threat to the marriage, real or imagined. Too bad. She’s gone.

Fallon on December 23, 2012 at 9:58 PM

Nothing special. There was a similar issue with a woman who worked for Citi in NY. She was definitely hot.

Wigglesworth on December 23, 2012 at 10:37 PM

I tried to watch the video, twice. The man in me wanted very much to see this remarkable woman. However, the man in me can’t make it beyond two or three seconds of Don Lemon. I keep expecting him to pull a wig from beneath the desk, don it, and start warbling Diana Ross tunes.

M240H on December 23, 2012 at 10:44 PM

There was a threat to the marriage, real or imagined. Too bad. She’s gone.

Fallon on December 23, 2012 at 9:58 PM

Especially since Ms. Nelson was complaining TO HER BOSS that her husband wasn’t giving her enough sex!

Ladysmith CulchaVulcha on December 23, 2012 at 11:19 PM

antisense on December 23, 2012 at 9:39 PM

Are you for real? lol

You are very funny, either because: 1) you make good use of sarcasm; or 2) you are a thorough idiot, who ridiculously takes yourself and your sub-moronic thoughts far too seriously. Which is it with you?

Ladysmith CulchaVulcha on December 23, 2012 at 11:19 PM

How far out on a limb is one going when saying that that women has some unresolved issues? :)

Anti-Control on December 23, 2012 at 11:48 PM