Finally: Celebrities for gun control
posted at 11:46 am on December 22, 2012 by Allahpundit
Via THR, you know they’re serious because it’s filmed in black and white.
If, like me, you believe that the gun debate is chiefly a function of an urban/rural blue state/red state culture clash, then having a bunch of rich Hollywood liberals tsk tsk opponents of gun regulations is an almost uniquely bad way to try to soften them up. But never mind that. Here’s my counteroffer: Since they’re all about solutions, what’s their Plan B if they somehow get a new assault weapons ban passed and the shootings continue? Columbine took place halfway through the old assault weapons ban; Connecticut has an assault weapons ban in place as we speak. Is there any scenario here where, in the name of solving the problem, these people would consider conservative solutions? Or is the answer to failed gun control simply more gun control?
And a follow up question. Is there a single person here who wouldn’t support a total ban on handguns if it were constitutionally possible? Prominent lefties, Obama and Chuck Schumer, have paid a lot of lip service lately to the idea that liberals don’t want to confiscate weapons wholesale. How many of our moral betters below agree with that?
Recently in the Green Room:
- Real question: Does Obama’s budget fund overseas abortions to protect endangered animals?
- Photo of the day: Crimea now belongs to Russia, at least on Russian propaganda TV
- Vatican: Pope Francis wasn’t talking about same-sex relationships; Update: “Civil unions” explained
- RNC ad: Crying infant greets Obama’s new debt-laden budget
- Update: Grayson dismisses ‘erratic’ wife after abuse allegation