Green Room

Video: The “Wheel of Fortune” screw job

posted at 1:41 pm on December 21, 2012 by

Via the Blaze, my hunch is that this clip will make a fine true conservative/RINO litmus test. If you agree with Sajak’s verdict, you’re a true con. If you think it’s a screw job, you’re a dirty, dirty RINO.

Guess which side I’m on.

Recently in the Green Room:

Comments

Comment pages: 1 2

Well the word is swimming not swimmin. Rules are rules. Lady should have known better.

SoulGlo on December 21, 2012 at 10:07 PM

I heard the “g”.

So.

RAAAAACISSST!

LoganSix on December 21, 2012 at 2:39 PM

I work with a dozen people who would have dropped the ‘G’… and I’d be backin their frickin lawsuit.
Not a RINO… just ‘are you kiddin?’

RalphyBoy on December 21, 2012 at 10:33 PM

I see what you did there, Ralphy Boy.

mikeyboss on December 21, 2012 at 10:41 PM

When she guessed “Seven Swans a-Swimmin[g]” the G was already up on the board.
In fact, she asked for it!

(But what do I know? I thought it was “naggers“.)

Tzetzes on December 21, 2012 at 10:58 PM

There’s nothing new here. She didn’t say the “g” at the end of swimming and this is not the first or even the tenth time this has happened. They have to clearly pronounce each word completely as it appears on the board. I’ve seen contestants make this mistake numerous times on this bazillion year old show. Don’t you guys have like guns or the fiscal cliff or something else to complain about?

stukinIL4now on December 22, 2012 at 12:29 AM

No what I’m sayin….No what I’m sayin….No what I’m sayin….No what I’m sayin….No what I’m sayin….No what I’m sayin….

Speak fu#@ing English.

Know how to spell, speak and write correctly and pay attention to grammar!

Go Sajak!

Opposite Day on December 21, 2012 at 6:36 PM

I agree. Know what I’m saying?

What?

I’m sayin.

Capitalist Hog on December 22, 2012 at 12:52 AM

the G was already up on the board.
Tzetzes on December 21, 2012 at 10:58 PM

Exactly. She blew it with sloppy diction. It seems to me she was being flip.

I play touch-move. I don’t joke when money is on the line.

Capitalist Hog on December 22, 2012 at 12:56 AM

Rules is rules. If they had given it to her then the blonde could complain about a “screw job.” Wheel uses phrases where they put in an apostrophe to signify the dropping of a letter. This was not one of them.

29Victor on December 22, 2012 at 2:54 AM

With that sort of introductory comment, I now know why ‘pundit pops up as a dog.

RoyalFlush on December 22, 2012 at 9:38 AM

That is called getting bent over without the lube. It is perfectly normal for southerners to drop the g and the fricken letter was already on the board so they are simply screwing her for her pronunciation.They wouldn’t dare pull that chit with a black contestant and that is a fact.

Southernblogger on December 22, 2012 at 9:44 AM

RoyalFlush on December 22, 2012 at 9:38 AM

He has shown a serious distaste for southern dialect on a few occasions. One of those cocktail conservatives like Brooks or Frum perhaps.

Southernblogger on December 22, 2012 at 9:47 AM

I heard the G.

dczombie on December 22, 2012 at 12:16 PM

TOTAL hose job! Wonder if the same exacting standard of enunciation would be applied across all groups / people. Might we see a Boston Southie, Looziana native, an inner-city slum dweller and a reccent Chinese immigrant with a heavy accent be held to the same exacting standard? We’ll never know but it is doubtful.

No rhino / con divide. More likely a regional divide.

Why does Wheel of misfortune stack the deck against those of us from regions who are naturally disadvantaged with the heavy burden of vernacularisms. Obviously WOF needs to take steps to more evenly distribute outcomes. I’d be in favor of a secret phrase hint or a two guess rule for those of us who (no fault of our own) are disadvantaged at birth.

R Square on December 22, 2012 at 12:23 PM

A lady, last year pronounced the word picturesque as pictur-es-kay. God love Pat, he kept a straight face and said, “no, that isn’t it.”

herm2416 on December 22, 2012 at 2:22 PM