Green Room

Video: The “Wheel of Fortune” screw job

posted at 1:41 pm on December 21, 2012 by

Via the Blaze, my hunch is that this clip will make a fine true conservative/RINO litmus test. If you agree with Sajak’s verdict, you’re a true con. If you think it’s a screw job, you’re a dirty, dirty RINO.

Guess which side I’m on.

Recently in the Green Room:

Comments

Comment pages: 1 2

Well the word is swimming not swimmin. Rules are rules. Lady should have known better.

SoulGlo on December 21, 2012 at 10:07 PM

I heard the “g”.

So.

RAAAAACISSST!

LoganSix on December 21, 2012 at 2:39 PM

I work with a dozen people who would have dropped the ‘G’… and I’d be backin their frickin lawsuit.

Not a RINO… just ‘are you kiddin?’

RalphyBoy on December 21, 2012 at 10:33 PM

I see what you did there, Ralphy Boy.

mikeyboss on December 21, 2012 at 10:41 PM

When she guessed “Seven Swans a-Swimmin[g]” the G was already up on the board.
In fact, she asked for it!

(But what do I know? I thought it was “naggers“.)

Tzetzes on December 21, 2012 at 10:58 PM

There’s nothing new here. She didn’t say the “g” at the end of swimming and this is not the first or even the tenth time this has happened. They have to clearly pronounce each word completely as it appears on the board. I’ve seen contestants make this mistake numerous times on this bazillion year old show. Don’t you guys have like guns or the fiscal cliff or something else to complain about?

stukinIL4now on December 22, 2012 at 12:29 AM

No what I’m sayin….No what I’m sayin….No what I’m sayin….No what I’m sayin….No what I’m sayin….No what I’m sayin….

Speak [email protected] English.

Know how to spell, speak and write correctly and pay attention to grammar!

Go Sajak!

Opposite Day on December 21, 2012 at 6:36 PM

I agree. Know what I’m saying?

What?

I’m sayin.

Capitalist Hog on December 22, 2012 at 12:52 AM

the G was already up on the board.
Tzetzes on December 21, 2012 at 10:58 PM

Exactly. She blew it with sloppy diction. It seems to me she was being flip.

I play touch-move. I don’t joke when money is on the line.

Capitalist Hog on December 22, 2012 at 12:56 AM

Rules is rules. If they had given it to her then the blonde could complain about a “screw job.” Wheel uses phrases where they put in an apostrophe to signify the dropping of a letter. This was not one of them.

29Victor on December 22, 2012 at 2:54 AM

With that sort of introductory comment, I now know why ‘pundit pops up as a dog.

RoyalFlush on December 22, 2012 at 9:38 AM

That is called getting bent over without the lube. It is perfectly normal for southerners to drop the g and the fricken letter was already on the board so they are simply screwing her for her pronunciation.They wouldn’t dare pull that chit with a black contestant and that is a fact.

Southernblogger on December 22, 2012 at 9:44 AM

RoyalFlush on December 22, 2012 at 9:38 AM

He has shown a serious distaste for southern dialect on a few occasions. One of those cocktail conservatives like Brooks or Frum perhaps.

Southernblogger on December 22, 2012 at 9:47 AM

I heard the G.

dczombie on December 22, 2012 at 12:16 PM

TOTAL hose job! Wonder if the same exacting standard of enunciation would be applied across all groups / people. Might we see a Boston Southie, Looziana native, an inner-city slum dweller and a reccent Chinese immigrant with a heavy accent be held to the same exacting standard? We’ll never know but it is doubtful.

No rhino / con divide. More likely a regional divide.

Why does Wheel of misfortune stack the deck against those of us from regions who are naturally disadvantaged with the heavy burden of vernacularisms. Obviously WOF needs to take steps to more evenly distribute outcomes. I’d be in favor of a secret phrase hint or a two guess rule for those of us who (no fault of our own) are disadvantaged at birth.

R Square on December 22, 2012 at 12:23 PM

A lady, last year pronounced the word picturesque as pictur-es-kay. God love Pat, he kept a straight face and said, “no, that isn’t it.”

herm2416 on December 22, 2012 at 2:22 PM

Seven swine a-swilling.

Olo_Burrows on December 23, 2012 at 4:54 AM

Comment pages: 1 2

Just a reminder: People will die

Allahpundit Jun 28, 2017 10:41 PM
Top Pick

“Whipped cream’s killing more people than ever before.”

Top Pick

Medicare for all?

“There comes a point where you gotta get off the crazy train.”

Poll: Dem voters glumly sticking with Pelosi

Ed Morrissey Jun 28, 2017 8:41 PM

Disaster ahead?

“When she left it, it was in better shape than it had ever been.”

Manafort, firm registers as foreign agents

Ed Morrissey Jun 28, 2017 6:41 PM

Better late than never?

Delivered as promised

“I would like to think that the president saved many innocent men, women and children.”

“The Russia investigation was by far the dominant topic…”

The merry little media war continues.

Criminal enterprise

Politico: Has the SPLC lost its way?

John Sexton Jun 28, 2017 3:01 PM

“The organization has always tried to find ways to milk money out of the public…”

Trump legal team backing away from Comey complaint?

Ed Morrissey Jun 28, 2017 2:31 PM

De-escalation?

Time to get up and go to work, sir

CNN gets glum, defensive after resignations

John Sexton Jun 28, 2017 1:01 PM

“If Jeff lit himself on fire, it wouldn’t appease the pro-Trump media.”

Hmmm: FBI probing Russia-based anti-virus firm?

Ed Morrissey Jun 28, 2017 12:31 PM

“I wouldn’t put their stuff on my computer if you paid me.”

He works hard for the money…

It’s not a slippery slope. It’s a freaking avalanche.

Nuts.

Showdown: Sarah Palin vs the New York Times

Jazz Shaw Jun 28, 2017 9:21 AM

Defamation

Credit where creditor’s due?

More flash than bang, but a very bad sign

“Felix was out on bond after threatening another public servant and has a history of making threats.”

Chaffetz: House needs housing allowances?

Ed Morrissey Jun 27, 2017 8:41 PM

“There are dozens upon dozens of members living in their offices, and I don’t know how healthy that is long term.”

“This isn’t going to get a lot cheaper, it can’t, it won’t.”

“…what we failed to achieve with votes, we would do with weapons.”

“[S]o dumb it’s amazing we even have to have the conversation.”

“It was not necessary.”

“You’re inflaming everyone right here right now with those words!”

“Trump’s people said, ‘We’ll be writing the speech that the President’s Audio-Animatronic figure will be saying.'”

Excuses, excuses.

Not really a “kill all the lawyers” scenario

4 pm ET!

“it has not taken serious steps to end its own complicity in trafficking, including forced laborers from North Korea.”