Green Room

Video: The greatest pageant answer ever?

posted at 3:12 pm on December 20, 2012 by

The clip really doesn’t do it justice. You need to read the transcript to appreciate its perfection. It’s Billy-Madison-level incoherent.

The great lingering question: Would this answer have made any more sense in Spanish? What was she trying to say?

Recently in the Green Room:

Comments

Comment pages: 1 2

How many heterosexual guys out there are actually listening to her speak anyway?

JetBoy on December 20, 2012 at 3:32 PM

I can multitask

Daemonocracy on December 21, 2012 at 1:41 AM

Yup, the transcript helped a lot…? She still wins on shear ‘I really don’t care what she said’ beauty.
I think she was trying to say… if I was to venture a guess… ‘We’ve too many laws already… Just live life to the fullest, and ride that wave when it comes along.’

RalphyBoy on December 21, 2012 at 2:03 AM

“Laws” = “leyes” in Spanish

ocbrat on December 21, 2012 at 4:24 AM

jhffmn on December 21, 2012 at 12:52 AM

At least ya got something to look at a family gatherings . . .

BigAlSouth on December 21, 2012 at 5:50 AM

I’ve heard this answer hundreds of times before from any Obama Administration official answering any question on any subject by a Republican at a Congressional oversight hearing.

Dusty on December 20, 2012 at 5:49 PM

At least she didn’t say “Let me be clear”…:)

22044 on December 21, 2012 at 8:15 AM

Dusty on December 20, 2012 at 5:49 PM

“Are there any Paraguayans here?”

KGB on December 21, 2012 at 8:29 AM

Actually, it does make more sense when you come at it from Spanish, given her odd choice of verbs.

What she was really saying was, “We have enough laws already. We need to simplify them so that people can catch the waves of opportunity as they come, instead of being confused by complicated laws. I am a surfer, and I recognize that opportunity to catch a real wave only comes once before it’s gone forever.”

You see, she was making a very brave statement against Chavez and his socialistic cabal in Venezuela, and too many people are mocking her for it. English is her second language, so she kinda froze in the moment and forgot how to say what she wanted to say.

JoseQuinones on December 21, 2012 at 3:17 PM