Green Room

New explanation for supporting gun rights: Too much testosterone?

posted at 9:37 am on December 20, 2012 by

Via the Examiner. Tonight on “Piers Morgan”: Are mandatory estrogen supplements the answer?

By the way, this guy was a Rhodes Scholar.

Recently in the Green Room:

Comments

“There’s something wrong with gun-rights advocates. They’re not like you or me, reasonable voter. We need to Do Something.”

Dehumanizing a group of society. That always ends well.

Meric1837 on December 20, 2012 at 9:43 AM

I thought people who owned guns were all closet fairies with teeny tiny penises. Sheesh, the science changes every day.

Seth Halpern on December 20, 2012 at 9:51 AM

“It is founded in the fantasy of testosterone laden individuals who have blood on their hands for articulating that idea.”

So, if I disagree with the gun haters and say so publicly, I’m now partially responsible for murder. He manages to trash the First and Second Amendments in one sentence. These people are totalitarian lunatics.

RadClown on December 20, 2012 at 9:56 AM

Estimated number of American women who own guns btw: 15 million.

Seth Halpern on December 20, 2012 at 10:07 AM

So does that make this guy an estrogen-fueled sissy boy?

changer1701 on December 20, 2012 at 10:10 AM

Rhodes Scholar? Well, so was Kris Kristofferson.

ConservativeLA on December 20, 2012 at 10:22 AM

Are we to believe that Morgan isn’t already taking estrogen supplements? Or at the very least, taking testosterone suppressants?

Jeddite on December 20, 2012 at 10:22 AM

Seth Halpern on December 20, 2012 at 9:51 AM

What I want to know is, that does Phrenology have to say about gun owners? Once we know that, the science will be settled.

ConservativeLA on December 20, 2012 at 10:25 AM

“You’re a two-bit guy. No guts, nothing. I want action.”

– Annie Laurie Starr, Gun Crazy (1950)

Seth Halpern on December 20, 2012 at 10:59 AM

The sad thing about this? The GOP in Connecticut couldn’t even beat this guy in a GOP wave year in a marginal Democratic seat.

Safe Seats breed simple minds.

Rocks on December 20, 2012 at 11:04 AM

Dehumanizing a group of society. That always ends well.

Meric1837 on December 20, 2012 at 9:43 AM

And they got all crocodile-tears indignant over Sarah Palin’s “Real Americans”. They can stuff it, as far as I’m concerned.

JeffWeimer on December 20, 2012 at 11:35 AM

The way I remember it, gun owners were compensating for small penises and poor performance in bed, rather than homosexuality. This was a point of view was promoted by Dr. Joyce Brothers, whose husband was a gun owner, leading to speculation that her opinion was based on personal experience.

Socratease on December 20, 2012 at 11:35 AM

We need more testosterone, not less. I am happily married so I am not out on the prowl, but I am increasingly surprised at the number of men I assume to be gay that are actually straight.

I heard women complaining about having toy guns around. Sorry that isn’t the problem, and did any of the women whining about these toy guns wonder if these kids are wanting to grow up to be “good guys” that protect us? Or do we not need it you know since we got all that birth control, abortion and videos on how to cover up when we get our faces beat in?

earlgrey133 on December 20, 2012 at 11:57 AM

There’s no such thing as “too much testosterone.” That’s like saying “too much bacon.”

Red Cloud on December 20, 2012 at 12:44 PM

McConnell may not get his wish on health care vote

Taylor Millard Jun 25, 2017 7:31 PM
Top Pick

Senate leadership wants a vote this week, others say, “Negative, Ghost Rider.”

Top Pick

Helping others without the government.

“…the reality is the reality.”

These kiosks don’t make $15 per hour or need benefits

Going for the record

“We will answer them on the field”

Taking it to the limit

Sunday morning talking heads

Jazz Shaw Jun 25, 2017 8:01 AM

Health care and tweeting and Russia, oh my!

Will they stay or will they go?

I can’t imagine what I was thinking when I said that

Rocking the boat majorly

Big government never contracts. It only grows more powerful

It’s only a “ban” until it becomes inconvenient

The decline and fall of Obamacare and the AHCA

Jazz Shaw Jun 24, 2017 8:31 AM

This was all over before it began

Fixing crime in America is a complicated issue

Taylor Millard Jun 23, 2017 8:31 PM

Cops alone won’t solve it.

Democrats forgot all about the “era of good feelings”

“Bernie and Jane Sanders have lawyered up.”

Winning isn’t everything. It is the only thing

Trump signs VA reform bill into law

John Sexton Jun 23, 2017 2:41 PM

A new era of something.

“…died suddenly in less than a week just after his return to the U.S.”

The shortsightedness of “Denounce and Preserve”

Taylor Millard Jun 23, 2017 12:11 PM

Pragmatism for the sake of pragmatism doesn’t always work.

Perhaps if you threw in a new car?

Gay marriages still growing, but not as fast

Andrew Malcolm Jun 23, 2017 10:31 AM

More, but not as quickly.

Should’ve stuck with the pirate gig. It was working for him

The battle for the rubble of Raqqa is underway

Andrew Malcolm Jun 23, 2017 8:51 AM

Won’t be much left.

Your list of demands is a publicity stunt

“The jobs are still leaving. Nothing has stopped.”

Bad vendor. Bad! No cookie!

“So you want me to sing my praises, is that what you’re saying?”

Why would we possibly want that?

“I mean he sold our country to The Russians.”

I could think of someone else you might want to ask about…