Gallup: Republicans’ “life ratings” collapse after Obama’s reelection
posted at 7:21 pm on December 19, 2012 by Allahpundit
If you’re feeling completely demoralized about the future, you are not alone. Eyeball the first chart at the link, though, and riddle me this: What explains the spike in GOP life ratings late last year followed by the sharp dip in January 2012? I assume it’s a function of the primaries. Excitement for the field gradually built during the debates last winter, boosting optimism among Republicans. Then the first votes were held and the reality of a “Romney versus Not Romney” contest took hold, and thus did the depression set in. Or am I missing some obvious alternative explanation?
Recently in the Green Room:
- Real question: Does Obama’s budget fund overseas abortions to protect endangered animals?
- Photo of the day: Crimea now belongs to Russia, at least on Russian propaganda TV
- Vatican: Pope Francis wasn’t talking about same-sex relationships; Update: “Civil unions” explained
- RNC ad: Crying infant greets Obama’s new debt-laden budget
- Update: Grayson dismisses ‘erratic’ wife after abuse allegation