John McCain & Lindsey Graham Are Hypocrites For Not Equating Benghazi To Newtown
posted at 4:17 pm on December 18, 2012 by Duane Patterson
I realize to those of us with an I.Q. higher than that of a plant, this incoherence from Ed Schultz is hardly worth anything more than an eye roll. But since we live in an age where Republicans don’t seem to want to do any sort of national messaging at all, or at a minimum, counter the inanity from the left, allow me to explore this comparison.
1. The attack in Benghazi was warned about three days in advance by the Libyan government. The Connecticut Governor did not make a similar warning that the federal government ignored.
2. Ambassador Stevens asked repeatedly for more security, because he worried for his safety, and the safety of his consulate staff. Those requests were apparently denied by the State Department. The principal of Sandy Hook didn’t make any such request to the Department of Education or Homeland Security. Had she made requests, and they would have been denied, then there’s a case for oversight outrage. It is interesting that in both events, though, more security might have spared innocent life.
3. The White House, through its press secretary, its U.N. ambassador and the President himself, told a fiction about the cause of Benghazi attack, blaming it on a YouTube video. No such misdirection was perpetrated by the administration about Newtown.
4. The attack in Benghazi took place over the course of seven hours, with the White House being informed, and watching from an overhead drone picture, for at least six of those seven hours with no military response given. The attack in Newtown was over in minutes.
5. Former Special Forces assets from the CIA were on the ground in Benghazi, painting a target on perpetrators of the attack, and did not receive the assistance of our military, specifically on someone’s orders. No such plea for help was refused in Connecticut.
6. If John McCain is somehow neutralized on the gun issue because his vice presidential nominee once said the word “reload” publicly, then Barack Obama is somehow neutralized on every inappropriate statement by Joe Biden, as long as we’re into moral equivalence here?
Senators McCain, Graham and Ayotte are conducting their Constitutional role of oversight because of the apparent lack of judgment and response by the Obama administration after Americans were under attack by terrorists on U.S. soil, even if present in a different country. There is no similar appearance of misconduct by school staff, first responders, or city, state or federal agencies involved at Sandy Hook.
But other than all that, Ed, the hypocrisy analogy is pathetic, sad and shows the nasty, insensitive nature of the left that is willing to seize upon any crisis to further their political agenda. There is a difference between the two sets of victims between Newtown and Benghazi. The four lives lost in Benghazi were tragic, because indications are that it didn’t have to happen. But all four were grown adults who chose to serve the country in a profession that is often times more hazardous than other careers here in the states. The innocents lost last Friday were mostly little kids.
Honestly, lefties, is there no limit to the depravity of your rhetoric?
Recently in the Green Room:
- Two House Dems demand Lerner resignation after using lobbyist to stage modified limited hangout
- Feelgood video of the day
- New liberal idea: Let’s raise $660 million online in a month to buy the LA Times before the Koch brothers can
- Of Course It Troubles Me. Are You Kidding Me?
- Friendly reminder from the White House about ObamaCare: “It’s. The. Law.”