Green Room

Gun control advocate on criminals with semi-automatic guns: you’re f*cked

posted at 10:30 am on December 18, 2012 by

Yesterday our good friends over at the Media Research Center went to the “March on the NRA” rally in Washington D.C. to ask some questions about gun control. One gun control advocate, who wants a semi-automatic weapons ban reinstated, admits that if a criminal breaks into your home with a semi-automatic weapon and you don’t have one, then “you’re f*cked.”

Recently in the Green Room:

Comments

wants a semi-automatic weapons ban reinstated,

There never was a semi-automatic weapons ban.

Nutstuyu on December 18, 2012 at 10:35 AM

Bishop!

Nutstuyu on December 18, 2012 at 10:35 AM

Well, I am not

Ellis on December 18, 2012 at 10:36 AM

Well, I am not

Me neither.

In my darker moods, I almost wish someone would try it.

Dirty Creature on December 18, 2012 at 10:39 AM

So, he wants us law-abiding citizens to be helpless, dependant on government, and at the mercy of thugs and criminals.

Right. Got it. Ain’t gonna happen.

iurockhead on December 18, 2012 at 10:41 AM

Since the Supreme Court said specifically that semi-autos were within the Bill of Rights, I presume in this case the liberals know more.

pat on December 18, 2012 at 10:45 AM

Living in the great Police State of New York I get around these laws with powerful air guns. I have a .22 pump pistol and can split your eye ball at 20 yards. Mr. Intruder, YOU are F***ed! As an encore I have another that fires #4 bird shot at 1200 fps that I would gladly introduce to your rectum.

teacherman on December 18, 2012 at 10:55 AM

Glad I sold all of mine recently. Shame I lost all of the receipts.

rogerb on December 18, 2012 at 10:56 AM

How about gun control advocate and former democatic senator of North Carolina R.C. Soles who faced assault charges after he shot someone with his (unregistered as required in his area and thus) ILLEGALLY OWNED gun?
Or gun control advocate and columnist Carl Rowan? About 25 yarn ago he shot a kid swimming in his pool, again with a firearm he was required to registered but didn’t so it was ILLEGAL!
This is obscene, why are we talking to these morons!? Let them lead! disarm them, hell they’re the dangerous ones! Disallow the firearm protection these tools now wallow in! There are probably hundreds of armed body guards that now protect Bob Costas, Dianne Sawyer (“Do guns make people safe”special), Ed Schultz, Chris Mathews, and on and on who WANT TO DISARM US!
Ignorance begets arrogance, begets apathetic elitism. And that empowers tyrants!
I saw the night line Carl Rowan interview back then. At that time I believe this elite “everyone found with a gun should be in prison” liberal was admitting he in fact shot the kid after they had scattered and the kid was trying to get in his front door to hide. I thought at the time Rowan was admitting:1- he shot the kid thru a locked door, 2-felt he had the right to defend himself, 3-but insisted no one else should own a firearm.
That was 25 years ago and in a quick search it appears Rowan’s story has changed, but at the time I remember being shocked at Ted Kopell confronting Rowan-basically a tool like the one above being interviewed) on shooting this kid thru a locked door, and how unapologectic he was.

onomo on December 18, 2012 at 11:09 AM

OK, I’ll play along…..

If the government doesn’t provide you “free” health care, and you don’t choose to insure yourself, and you break a leg, I guess “YOU’RE F*CKED!”

CurtZHP on December 18, 2012 at 11:09 AM

fantasy scenarios.

sesquipedalian on December 18, 2012 at 11:09 AM

Wonder if his opinion would remain unchanged if the criminal were breaking in to his home.

Bitter Clinger on December 18, 2012 at 11:14 AM

fantasy scenarios.

sesquipedalian on December 18, 2012 at 11:09 AM

Do you mean actually disarming any citizens, or having any impact on violent crime with any new laws, or somebody other than your mom giving a sh** about your opinions (and she only pretends)?

M240H on December 18, 2012 at 11:44 AM

Right. Got it. Ain’t gonna happen.

iurockhead on December 18, 2012 at 10:41 AM

They don’t want us at the mercy of thugs and criminals, they just want us dependent on government, and if that means that we’re unfortunate enough to be at the mercy of thugs and criminals, then it’s a sort of eggs/omelettes dichotomy.

mintycrys on December 18, 2012 at 11:46 AM

Twelve gauge….pump.

a capella on December 18, 2012 at 11:46 AM

rogerb on December 18, 2012 at 10:56 AM

; )

Bmore on December 18, 2012 at 11:56 AM

Too bad there’s not a Constitutional amendment that would protect us from the government infringing on our right to bear arms.

CrustyB on December 18, 2012 at 12:00 PM

Laughing at ones own stupidity. I should trust these folks with my rights, why? Remind me why.

Bmore on December 18, 2012 at 12:00 PM

fantasy scenarios.

You better hope so. I can’t imagine many *conservatives* get shot by homeowners while breaking and entering…. It’s not OUR numbers that would be attrited if more homeowners were prepared.

No wonder liberals are for gun control.

Dirty Creature on December 18, 2012 at 12:05 PM

Did I hear correctly? The advocate’s response to the interviewer saying that he said something stupid was “well, you’re more stupid.”
That pretty much summarizes how most intelligent discussions with liberals about policy end – name calling.

Dr Snooze on December 18, 2012 at 12:10 PM

Um, do they make rifles that have to be chambered for each round ? Pistols ?

williampeck1958 on December 18, 2012 at 12:33 PM

Um, do they make rifles that have to be chambered for each round ? Pistols ?

williampeck1958 on December 18, 2012 at 12:33 PM

Bmore on December 18, 2012 at 12:35 PM

It took the police 20 minutes to respond to calls for help to the Sandy Hills massacre. Enough of this nonsense.

SC.Charlie on December 18, 2012 at 12:45 PM

Um, do they make rifles that have to be chambered for each round ? Pistols ? – williampeck1958 on December 18, 2012 at 12:33 PM

Of course, what is your point, if any?

SC.Charlie on December 18, 2012 at 12:47 PM

fantasy scenarios.

sesquipedalian on December 18, 2012 at 11:09 AM

It’s a total fantasy that gun control affects criminals or reduces the crime rate or makes anyone safer.

gwelf on December 18, 2012 at 12:48 PM

Um, do they make rifles that have to be chambered for each round ? Pistols ?

williampeck1958 on December 18, 2012 at 12:33 PM

Yes they do and I have one. The guy had 20mins before the police arrived. It would have been another 5 to 10 before they decided to do anything. I can reload and fire 20 shots in 20 minutes easily with my single shot rifle. I most likely could get 2 shots a minute. I also have a black power rifle which I can fire and reload in under a minute. Lastly you have to remember that this country won its independence using single shot muzzle loaded firearms. I really don’t understand the anti-gun concept that only a few people would have been killed if he didn’t have a semi-automatic firearm.

Frank Enstine on December 18, 2012 at 1:10 PM

my Jeep didn’t start so I had it towed.

their solution was to paint the Jeep…it still doesn’t start but it looks nice.

when anybody reads the proposed gun control measures, keep the above in mind.

teejk on December 18, 2012 at 1:25 PM

Of course, what is your point, if any?

SC.Charlie on December 18, 2012 at 12:47 PM

His point, I think, is that Left-Wing-Would-Be-Gun-Banner Exhibit A demonstrates a complete lack of familiarity with what he is actually proposing – which is a ban on semi-automatic weapons, encompassing…the bulk of modern firearms manufactured since around the turn of the 20th century. That is, those weapons that reload remaining rounds held in a detachable magazine into the chamber without action required by the shooter aside from pulling the trigger. Most of the media falls into the same category, as demonstrated by their willing/actual ignorance about the distinctions between military and civilian variants of weapons, the most common (aside from calling them ‘assault rifles’) being the difference between fully automatic and semi-automatic capability.

Nevermind, tho’, rest assured that the left will never permit facts to get in the way of a perfectly good appeal to the emotions…

Right on December 18, 2012 at 1:33 PM

To hedge my bets, in addition to my carry license, I began martial arts training two years ago. Lets see them ban my arms and legs. They’ll get kicked in the groin but good.

Buck Turgidson on December 18, 2012 at 8:10 PM