Green Room

Video: Don’t think of them as government workers, think of them as Santa’s elves

posted at 10:06 am on December 15, 2012 by

Nick Gillespie calls this the worst Christmas video of this or any other year. Worse even than Hillary’s 2007 Christmas ad? There’s room for debate, but either way, it smells like week-old eggnog.

Recently in the Green Room:

Comments

Soon to be The Center for Effective Government.

What could go wrong?

yongoro on December 15, 2012 at 10:22 AM

I only made it 36 seconds.

BKeyser on December 15, 2012 at 10:23 AM

I made it to 42 seconds. Had to stop it then as my stomach was starting to churn.

Cecil on December 15, 2012 at 10:48 AM

I only made it 36 seconds.

BKeyser on December 15, 2012 at 10:23 AM

28 seconds here…

JohnGalt23 on December 15, 2012 at 10:56 AM

33 seconds…

JohnGalt23 appears to be Winning!

Fallon on December 15, 2012 at 11:02 AM

I went all the way. But I haven’t gotten really screwed lately, so…

Kraken on December 15, 2012 at 11:38 AM

Seems like something that would air in North Korea.

theperfecteconomist on December 15, 2012 at 11:53 AM

How could we have ever survived without all of this bureaucracy? Our founding fathers must have been complete idiots.

Oxymoron on December 15, 2012 at 12:04 PM

Oxymoron on December 15, 2012 at 12:04 PM

Well of course, they were a bunch of old heterosexual white men. /

Mr. Prodigy on December 15, 2012 at 1:34 PM

I can sort of get through this if I watch this in the spirit of MST3K and goof on the whole “government bureaucrats are the duct tape that keeps civilized society together” theme of the thing.

Aitch748 on December 15, 2012 at 2:14 PM

Brilliant! Always nice to run into a fellow MSTie.

SamBuca7 on December 15, 2012 at 2:46 PM

Read the headline quickly and thought it said “…think of them as Satan’s elves.

SheVee on December 15, 2012 at 6:15 PM

That was nauseating. I made it thru the whole thing.
The part about Federal Food inspectors making our food safe made me laugh.
The Federal Government is not inspecting all of our food.
In fact, they have been extremely derelict.
They let large companies inspect their own food & give them reports on how safe the stuff they’re making is.
IN turn, the USDA safety inspectors are out inspecting SMALL BUSINESSES. WTF IS THAT?
Your food is safe bcs of the people in the private food industry who make that happen.
Government my effing A$$.

Badger40 on December 16, 2012 at 9:46 AM

Top Pick

Will they stay or will they go?

Top Pick

I can’t imagine what I was thinking when I said that

Rocking the boat majorly

Big government never contracts. It only grows more powerful

It’s only a “ban” until it becomes inconvenient

The decline and fall of Obamacare and the AHCA

Jazz Shaw Jun 24, 2017 8:31 AM

This was all over before it began

Fixing crime in America is a complicated issue

Taylor Millard Jun 23, 2017 8:31 PM

Cops alone won’t solve it.

Democrats forgot all about the “era of good feelings”

“Bernie and Jane Sanders have lawyered up.”

Winning isn’t everything. It is the only thing

Trump signs VA reform bill into law

John Sexton Jun 23, 2017 2:41 PM

A new era of something.

“…died suddenly in less than a week just after his return to the U.S.”

The shortsightedness of “Denounce and Preserve”

Taylor Millard Jun 23, 2017 12:11 PM

Pragmatism for the sake of pragmatism doesn’t always work.

Perhaps if you threw in a new car?

Gay marriages still growing, but not as fast

Andrew Malcolm Jun 23, 2017 10:31 AM

More, but not as quickly.

Should’ve stuck with the pirate gig. It was working for him

The battle for the rubble of Raqqa is underway

Andrew Malcolm Jun 23, 2017 8:51 AM

Won’t be much left.

Your list of demands is a publicity stunt

“The jobs are still leaving. Nothing has stopped.”

Bad vendor. Bad! No cookie!

“So you want me to sing my praises, is that what you’re saying?”

Why would we possibly want that?

“I mean he sold our country to The Russians.”

I could think of someone else you might want to ask about…

Trump: I never made any recordings of Comey

Allahpundit Jun 22, 2017 2:01 PM

Bluff.

Hackers stole private data from election databases

John Sexton Jun 22, 2017 1:21 PM

Failure to protect the city

Big man on the Middle Eastern campus