Green Room

Video: Don’t think of them as government workers, think of them as Santa’s elves

posted at 10:06 am on December 15, 2012 by

Nick Gillespie calls this the worst Christmas video of this or any other year. Worse even than Hillary’s 2007 Christmas ad? There’s room for debate, but either way, it smells like week-old eggnog.

Recently in the Green Room:

Comments

Soon to be The Center for Effective Government.

What could go wrong?

yongoro on December 15, 2012 at 10:22 AM

I only made it 36 seconds.

BKeyser on December 15, 2012 at 10:23 AM

I made it to 42 seconds. Had to stop it then as my stomach was starting to churn.

Cecil on December 15, 2012 at 10:48 AM

I only made it 36 seconds.

BKeyser on December 15, 2012 at 10:23 AM

28 seconds here…

JohnGalt23 on December 15, 2012 at 10:56 AM

33 seconds…

JohnGalt23 appears to be Winning!

Fallon on December 15, 2012 at 11:02 AM

I went all the way. But I haven’t gotten really screwed lately, so…

Kraken on December 15, 2012 at 11:38 AM

Seems like something that would air in North Korea.

theperfecteconomist on December 15, 2012 at 11:53 AM

How could we have ever survived without all of this bureaucracy? Our founding fathers must have been complete idiots.

Oxymoron on December 15, 2012 at 12:04 PM

Oxymoron on December 15, 2012 at 12:04 PM

Well of course, they were a bunch of old heterosexual white men. /

Mr. Prodigy on December 15, 2012 at 1:34 PM

I can sort of get through this if I watch this in the spirit of MST3K and goof on the whole “government bureaucrats are the duct tape that keeps civilized society together” theme of the thing.

Aitch748 on December 15, 2012 at 2:14 PM

Brilliant! Always nice to run into a fellow MSTie.

SamBuca7 on December 15, 2012 at 2:46 PM

Read the headline quickly and thought it said “…think of them as Satan’s elves.

SheVee on December 15, 2012 at 6:15 PM

That was nauseating. I made it thru the whole thing.
The part about Federal Food inspectors making our food safe made me laugh.
The Federal Government is not inspecting all of our food.
In fact, they have been extremely derelict.
They let large companies inspect their own food & give them reports on how safe the stuff they’re making is.
IN turn, the USDA safety inspectors are out inspecting SMALL BUSINESSES. WTF IS THAT?
Your food is safe bcs of the people in the private food industry who make that happen.
Government my effing A$$.

Badger40 on December 16, 2012 at 9:46 AM