Green Room

Andrea Mitchell: High-ranking women in administration mad at Obama over Susan Rice

posted at 11:48 am on December 15, 2012 by

She means Valerie Jarrett, right? Hillary’s been cool to Rice since Rice endorsed Obama over her in 2008. She could have leveraged her popularity to shield Rice from GOP criticism over the past three months by talking her up publicly, but she never really did. Presumably Hillary feels like she dodged a bullet by having Rice take the heat on Benghazi, in which case why should she step into the line of fire now to defend her?

So it’s Jarrett, then. Anyone else I’m overlooking then? Click the image to watch.

Recently in the Green Room:

Comments

nope…it’s gotta be valerie

cmsinaz on December 15, 2012 at 11:56 AM

Clinton must be roaring with laughter. She positioned Rice perfectly to be the fallguy. Yep, gotta be Val.

tommy71 on December 15, 2012 at 12:01 PM

Don’t forget Mooch.

Stu Gotts on December 15, 2012 at 12:11 PM

Hillary, Obama and Jarrett used Susan Rice. I don’t even like Susan Rice, but that was just pathetic and cowardly on the part of the Regime.

forest on December 15, 2012 at 12:12 PM

forest on December 15, 2012 at 12:12 PM

Disagree. I think Rice was willing to lie her head off, because she thought it was a way to get exposure for her supposed foreign policy chops. Her eye was on the State job the whole time and she was too blinded by ambition to see that she was being set up. I don’t feel one bit sorry for her.

KS Rex on December 15, 2012 at 12:22 PM

Cool.

Cindy Munford on December 15, 2012 at 1:54 PM

O might appoint Rice as NSA, but her prestige and profile has been diminished. Look out, Val. Clinton is coming for you next.

tommy71 on December 15, 2012 at 3:47 PM

Well, let the poor womyn step up to the plate and say so publicly. And, I guess I can say without a doubt all to them voted for the jackass.

SC.Charlie on December 15, 2012 at 4:46 PM

Maybe some of these WH women think Obama defended Ms. Rice just a little too vigorously? I can’t wait for the tell-all books to come out in four years.

HoosierStateofMind on December 15, 2012 at 5:37 PM

We all for get Michelle Obama is a high ranking official to Andrea and would be the other person who thinks black women should be hired in spite of anything else.

Conan on December 15, 2012 at 7:50 PM

I guess Andrea figures that all dozen of her ultra-low-info viewing audience won’t notice how she is blatantly conflating Rice being criticized for lying to the American people to help Obama get re-elected with Rice somehow being blamed for what happened at Benghazi. No, that’s Hillary’s job to explain, as soon as she recovers from her concussion that required no hospital visit.

Granted, Andrea’s probably right in hger assessment of her audience, since that’s NBC owner General Electric’s core customer demographic too. But it won’t ever include me: if I see the GE brand on a product I just keep looking, since I would rather go home empty-handed than with filth on my hands.

drunyan8315 on December 15, 2012 at 9:58 PM

Hillary’s convenient concussion is utterly laughable.

SC.Charlie on December 16, 2012 at 6:21 AM

Little Boomer on December 16, 2012 at 7:32 AM

O/T Hey SC.Charlie, good to see you.

tommy71 on December 16, 2012 at 7:50 AM

Hillary’s “concussion” off the radar due to the mass school killings-the Clintons are so sleazy. – Little Boomer on December 16, 2012 at 7:32 AM

I agree. The mass school killing is allowing her farcical excuse to slip under the radar.

O/T Hey SC.Charlie, good to see you. – tommy71 on December 16, 2012 at 7:50 AM

I am back for some visits.

SC.Charlie on December 16, 2012 at 8:53 AM

… not to mention Andrea Mitchell herself mad, in more ways than one, about everything.

viking01 on December 16, 2012 at 11:26 AM

If not a concussion, it would be something else.
The Clinton’s are anything but unpredictable.

Andrea, too.

TimBuk3 on December 16, 2012 at 12:59 PM

Another prime example of an The One analytical failure. First he appoints Amb Rice to be the UN Amb. Then he elevates that position to “Cabinet Level”. That means Amb Rice gets the same intel briefings that the rest of the cabinet. Then he fills Amb Rice with fluff on Benghazi to regurgitate to the masses, knowing that she’d had been exposed to additional intel.

The result, Obama used Amb Rice for his own pleasure. They got caught and she pays for it.

WestTexasBirdDog on December 16, 2012 at 2:42 PM

I thought that only the GOP was conducting a “war on women”. Who knew?

DevilsPrinciple on December 16, 2012 at 9:49 PM

CNN reporters resign over retracted story

John Sexton Jun 26, 2017 9:21 PM
Top Pick

“The individuals all stated that they accepted responsibility and wanted to resign.”

Federalism’s greatest champion is now …

Ed Morrissey Jun 26, 2017 8:41 PM
Top Pick

“In the end, we’re a democracy.”

“Almost all controversial speech harms people, upsets or offends them…”

Obama: Back home again in Indonesia

Andrew Malcolm Jun 26, 2017 7:21 PM

The call to prayer and eating dog.

Testing the waters.

“primarily because the penalty for not having insurance would be eliminated.”

“If I were a Seattle lawmaker, I would be thinking hard about the $15 an hour phase-in.”

Days of future past

“Not only are taxpayers footing the bill, but people are dying unnecessarily because of this.”

Israel settles who can stand where at the Western Wall

Andrew Malcolm Jun 26, 2017 3:21 PM

Women to the right, men to the left.

Look on the bright side. There’s less snow in the summer

Big win … but for how long?

“Several Russian cities have unveiled monuments to Stalin in recent months.”

Massive disappointment

Emboldened conservative wing?

It’s more about the powers of the Presidency at this point

A second look at paper ballots?

Jazz Shaw Jun 26, 2017 10:41 AM

Low tech solutions to high tech crime

No extra beatings required, thanks

A “”massive, massive f*** up…”

This is totally amazing!

McConnell may not get his wish on health care vote

Taylor Millard Jun 25, 2017 7:31 PM

Senate leadership wants a vote this week, others say, “Negative, Ghost Rider.”

Helping others without the government.

“…the reality is the reality.”

These kiosks don’t make $15 per hour or need benefits

Going for the record

“We will answer them on the field”

Taking it to the limit

Sunday morning talking heads

Jazz Shaw Jun 25, 2017 8:01 AM

Health care and tweeting and Russia, oh my!

Will they stay or will they go?

I can’t imagine what I was thinking when I said that

Rocking the boat majorly

Big government never contracts. It only grows more powerful

It’s only a “ban” until it becomes inconvenient

The decline and fall of Obamacare and the AHCA

Jazz Shaw Jun 24, 2017 8:31 AM

This was all over before it began

Fixing crime in America is a complicated issue

Taylor Millard Jun 23, 2017 8:31 PM

Cops alone won’t solve it.

Democrats forgot all about the “era of good feelings”

“Bernie and Jane Sanders have lawyered up.”