Green Room

Finally: Someone Calls Out Mainstream Media For Being Too Darned Even-Handed Toward Republicans

posted at 3:27 pm on December 13, 2012 by

Chris Matthews started out his Hardball program on MSNBC chastising his fellow broadcaster for their behavior in the last election cycle, and demanding that the kid gloves come off and they all start reporting what everyone knows is the truth. Republicans are gay-bashing, women-hating racists. The Democrats? Why, they’re fundamentally unchanged since the days of Kennedy.

Maybe my memory is still a little fuzzy, but I remember President Kennedy being for a lot of things. Dividing the country in half over a desire to raise income taxes just because he wants to redistribute wealth wasn’t in any of my history books.

Recently in the Green Room:

Comments

Jack@ss.

JoAnn1965 on December 13, 2012 at 3:29 PM

I can’t wait till they start demanding, like Harry Belafonte, that their opposition gets jailed, starved, or murdered.

Think Progressive™

Forward!

tom daschle concerned on December 13, 2012 at 3:31 PM

Um…they’re already doing this. Get with the times, Tingles.

alwaysfiredup on December 13, 2012 at 3:32 PM

This guy is a ducking idiot. Dang those typos.

Hummer53 on December 13, 2012 at 3:37 PM

Give it time…

joekenha on December 13, 2012 at 3:42 PM

the use of MSNBC to troll for comments and hits is amusing

Joey24007 on December 13, 2012 at 3:45 PM

Give it time…

joekenha on December 13, 2012 at 3:42 PM

graduated college in 2009. Didn’t hear a thing about Kennedy’s tax position or Reaganomics.

Spent semester after semester on:

- The New Deal
- FDR’s greatness
- The New Deal
- Woodrow Wilson’s foreign policy wisdom
- The New Deal
- The New Deal

and why George W. Bush sucked.

Joey24007 on December 13, 2012 at 3:47 PM

Spent semester after semester on:

- The New Deal
– FDR’s greatness
– The New Deal
– Woodrow Wilson’s foreign policy wisdom
– The New Deal
– The New Deal

and why George W. Bush sucked.

Joey24007 on December 13, 2012 at 3:47 PM

Almost every day in one of my undergrad genetics classes, my New Zealand prof would say something negative about Bush, Cheney, Rumsfeld, Halliburton, Wolfowitz, The Carlyle Group. Etc. Etc.

tom daschle concerned on December 13, 2012 at 3:59 PM

tom daschle concerned on December 13, 2012 at 3:59 PM

I was reading a research paper the other day and the author just had to throw in a derogatory crack about Cheney that had absolutely nothing to do with the subject of the paper. I was really kind of taken aback by it in the middle of the paper. The liberals just can’t let go of their hatred of Bush and Cheney. That is why no matter how bad BO makes this country it will always be the fault of Bush and Cheney.

Frank Enstine on December 13, 2012 at 4:06 PM

remember President Kennedy being for a lot of things

Me too: he had fabulous hair and a pathological addiction to strange that would later inspire Billy Jeff to become a serial rapist.

CorporatePiggy on December 13, 2012 at 4:09 PM

Frank Enstine on December 13, 2012 at 4:06 PM

The White Liberals elite (in particular White Liberal elite men) will always be angry and hateful even after they win elections because they really do not want to be anywhere close to the majority of people who vote for them as they consider them irrelevant parasites (which is true) and only need them for their vote and nothing else… They know that those who vote for our side and against them are the ones with the real power and makes the country runs on a daily basis…

mnjg on December 13, 2012 at 4:15 PM

Joey24007 on December 13, 2012 at 3:47 PM

Same here. In fact, when we first learned about FDR, we were taught that the New Deal didn’t really work and that it was WWII that pulled us out of the Great Depression. By the time I graduated high school in 2007, we were learning that the New Deal ended the depression and WWII was just icing on the cake.

joekenha on December 13, 2012 at 5:12 PM

idiot

cmsinaz on December 13, 2012 at 5:34 PM

Since Matthews is clearly an idiot, can we stop posting his nonsense here? Really, it’s a waste of time. We already know he’s a complete @sshat.

goflyers on December 13, 2012 at 5:50 PM

goflyers on December 13, 2012 at 5:50 PM

Double that.

FOWG1 on December 13, 2012 at 6:31 PM

MF DA HS CL!

I just want to scream!!!

No, I will not say what that means…

Scrumpy on December 13, 2012 at 9:56 PM

Since the election I was wondering when this piece of dung would be so buoyed by O’s reelection to spout something arrogantly untrue.

I guess his employer really think Americans a herd of sheep in third world.

vnohara on December 14, 2012 at 10:21 AM