Steven Crowder and accusing the accusers
posted at 12:17 pm on December 12, 2012 by Allahpundit
What the hell is this silly gibberish? Are these people crazy?
No, they’re engaged in a systematic effort to create confusion and discourage mainstream journalists from reporting on the incident.
“Accuse the accusers“! Re-arrange the narrative of events so that a story that obviously makes the Left look bad is, instead, a story about the Right unjustly trying to make the Left look bad.
This perversion of the narrative makes the teller of the tale (“Crowder works for Fox News! Stranahan works for Breitbart!”) the pre-demonized focus of the story, the villain whose tale can’t be trusted by any mainstream, legitimate journalist. And you can bet that any MSM reporter who does try to report honestly on what happened in Lansing will be brutally excoriated by Media Matters and others on the Left for taking this incident seriously as actual news.
This side, the deny/discredit side, is one wing of the lefty response; the other is the “he had it coming” wing. It’ll be darkly fascinating watching them jockey for position as the collapse of the blue-state model brings more Crowder-ish encounters.
Recently in the Green Room:
- Real question: Does Obama’s budget fund overseas abortions to protect endangered animals?
- Photo of the day: Crimea now belongs to Russia, at least on Russian propaganda TV
- Vatican: Pope Francis wasn’t talking about same-sex relationships; Update: “Civil unions” explained
- RNC ad: Crying infant greets Obama’s new debt-laden budget
- Update: Grayson dismisses ‘erratic’ wife after abuse allegation