Fundamentally Transforming America: Promise Kept
posted at 3:42 pm on December 10, 2012 by Duane Patterson
Good thing the Mayans are going to take care of everything a week from Friday, because it would be hard to see the United States no longer be the world’s superpower by 2030, according to this report in this morning’s Politico:
A new report by the intelligence community projects that the United States will no longer be the world’s only superpower by 2030.
“In terms of the indices of overall power – GDP, population size, military spending and technological investment – Asia will surpass North America and Europe combined,” the report concludes.
Looks like this administration will have eight years to now only preside over the continual dumbing down of education, but dumbing down smart power, too. Taking a trillion dollars out of Defense over the next decade should keep our waning global influence pretty much on schedule.
Recently in the Green Room:
- Real question: Does Obama’s budget fund overseas abortions to protect endangered animals?
- Photo of the day: Crimea now belongs to Russia, at least on Russian propaganda TV
- Vatican: Pope Francis wasn’t talking about same-sex relationships; Update: “Civil unions” explained
- RNC ad: Crying infant greets Obama’s new debt-laden budget
- Update: Grayson dismisses ‘erratic’ wife after abuse allegation