Yeah, I’m ready for some football …
posted at 7:16 pm on December 8, 2012 by Ed Morrissey
… some Pittsburgh Steelers football, that is! I just arrived in Steel City, and I’ll be heading over to Heinz Field (or as I like to think of it, Hines [Ward] Field) early to absorb some of the tailgating traditions. Keep an eye on my Twitter feed as I plan to keep everyone up to date with the action. My big goal, besides watching a Steelers win over the San Diego Chargers: to get my head painted up like a Steelers helmet for the game. If I succeed, I’ll get a picture and make that my Twitter avi for the rest of the season. Or maybe forever.
Fun fact: this is actually the second Steeler game I’ve attended. The first was in 1978, when I bought my dad tickets to the Steelers-Rams game at the LA Colisseum. The Rams won that game, but I think my luck has changed in the last 34 years …
Recently in the Green Room:
- Real question: Does Obama’s budget fund overseas abortions to protect endangered animals?
- Photo of the day: Crimea now belongs to Russia, at least on Russian propaganda TV
- Vatican: Pope Francis wasn’t talking about same-sex relationships; Update: “Civil unions” explained
- RNC ad: Crying infant greets Obama’s new debt-laden budget
- Update: Grayson dismisses ‘erratic’ wife after abuse allegation