Green Room

Yeah, I’m ready for some football …

posted at 7:16 pm on December 8, 2012 by

… some Pittsburgh Steelers football, that is!  I just arrived in Steel City, and I’ll be heading over to Heinz Field (or as I like to think of it, Hines [Ward] Field) early to absorb some of the tailgating traditions.  Keep an eye on my Twitter feed as I plan to keep everyone up to date with the action.  My big goal, besides watching a Steelers win over the San Diego Chargers: to get my head painted up like a Steelers helmet for the game.  If I succeed, I’ll get a picture and make that my Twitter avi for the rest of the season.  Or maybe forever.

Fun fact: this is actually the second Steeler game I’ve attended.  The first was in 1978, when I bought my dad tickets to the Steelers-Rams game at the LA Colisseum.  The Rams won that game, but I think my luck has changed in the last 34 years …

Recently in the Green Room:

Comments

Lucky man, I hope you have the best day ever. Next to the day you married Mrs. Morrissey, of course.

Cindy Munford on December 8, 2012 at 7:40 PM

Gratz!! Glad you get to see a game in person.

I’ve yet to see a game in Heinz Field, but saw many in Three Rivers. Some of the best memories I have.

ButterflyDragon on December 8, 2012 at 8:12 PM

Have an Iron City and enjoy. I think I am the only Pittsburgh native to have gone to see the Steelers only as the visiting team. Could never get tickets to Three Rivers Stadium when I grew up there.

Dr Gymll on December 8, 2012 at 10:02 PM

Isn’t his last name Ward? Can’t tell if the lack of a d is intended or not.

Either way, have fun, Ed!

drewwerd on December 8, 2012 at 10:27 PM

And Texas A&M has the Heisman Trophy winner.

Whoop!

juliesa on December 8, 2012 at 10:30 PM

How’d you do that, Ed? I’d still like to wrangle tickets for Mr. K. and me, but I understood Steeler home games are sold out (at least to the general public) for the next several seasons.

mrsknightley on December 8, 2012 at 11:26 PM

Enjoy Pittsburgh, but they don’t hold a candle compared to the Green Bay Experience.

Iron City? We are the Land of Cheese and Beer, friends. Cheese and Beer.

The smallest city in the NFL also happens to be the greatest. If you ever partake of an opportunity to attend a game at Lambeau, Captain, I’m sure you’ll agree.

My best to you and Marcia.

the botnet on December 9, 2012 at 12:58 AM

Here is to hoping you come away disappointed. Sorry, I hate the Steelers.

The Notorious G.O.P on December 9, 2012 at 1:43 AM

Pittsburg…don’t they call that just an in-land version of Cleveland?

Sorry Ed, that was pretty harsh.

Seriously, have a blast, paint your face and head, cheer your team on and forget all the crap you have to write about, if only for a day

Paradox Drive on December 9, 2012 at 1:50 AM

Sounds like fun Ed. I’d go to a playoff game at Heinz, but otherwise the comfy confines of my home suit me just fine for a Steeler’s game.

mrsknightley on December 8, 2012 at 11:26 PM

StubHub. It depends on where you want to sit. They aren’t cheap tickets.

conservative pilgrim on December 9, 2012 at 8:17 AM

Have fun, Ed. When my brother got his Master’s, we flew to San Diego from Phoenix to see a Stillers/Chargers Monday night game. We ran into Franco Harris in the Gaslamp district, and he was nice enough to take a picture with us. I haven’t been to Heinz Field yet, but PNC is an awesome place to see a baseball game. Go Stillers!

Scott P on December 9, 2012 at 9:05 AM

Enjoy it, Ed! Bet you saw the weather back in the Twin Cities. Snowing pretty good here right now and we should have 6-9″ when it’s done.

Mr. D on December 9, 2012 at 9:21 AM

I want to remember that Ed’s also a fan of the Irish?? Wonder if he’s declining to mention them for fear of a jinx.

Rovin on December 9, 2012 at 9:55 AM

the botnet on December 9, 2012 at 12:58 AM

I suspect you have never been to Pittsburgh.

CW on December 9, 2012 at 10:38 AM

So.

Much.

FAIL.

BAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAAAA

FlatFoot on December 9, 2012 at 4:10 PM

Hey, Edward, try having the folks taking the photos take them right-side-up. You know — so you don’t look like an even bigger fail.

Nice ‘team spirit’ yarmulke by the way.

When’d you convert? Does the wife know yet?

BAHAHAHAHAHAAAAA

FlatFoot on December 9, 2012 at 4:19 PM

Yeah, I’m ready for some football fail

FTFY

BTW, I hope you didn’t use water-based paint, Ed.

With that rain — people might end up mistaking you for Louis Gossett Jr.

Oh. Wait.
No moustache.

Nevermind.

BAHAHAHAHAAAAAA

FlatFoot on December 9, 2012 at 4:26 PM

My big goal, besides watching a Steelers win over the San Diego Chargers

Ooooops

Dollayo on December 10, 2012 at 2:52 AM

Ed. You’re not allowed to attend Steeler games any more in person.

ButterflyDragon on December 10, 2012 at 9:20 AM

I don’t get the Steelers. They beat the Giants & Ravens on the road, and then mail it in against the Chargers. Geez!

22044 on December 10, 2012 at 11:02 AM

And how did that win work out for you?

YOU JINXED THEM!!