Green Room

WWBCD?

posted at 5:49 pm on December 6, 2012 by

The field of Democrats to replace disgraced former Illinois Congressman Jesse Jackson, Jr. narrowed a bit today. Actually, you could say it was a self-inflicted wound. Longtime Illinois State Senator Donne Trotter misfired when he attempted to walk through TSA at O’Hare International with a handgun and six rounds of ammunition in his carry-on bag. Here’s WGN’s report:

Now while Senator Trotter cools his heels in the pokey awaiting charges on a class four felony, it would normally be inappropriate to pile onto his current legal troubles. And by piling on, I of course mean look at the Democrat’s record on the gun control issue. But it’s the holiday season, and conservatives need something to bring good cheer. So from the Chicago Tribune today:

Trotter has been a longtime gun-control advocate who opposed concealed carry legislation in the state. In an unsuccessful Democratic primary bid in 2000 against U.S. Rep. Bobby Rush, Trotter chided another candidate in the contest for being absent from a special legislative session during a crucial gun-control vote.

“It’s important for our constituents to be here to act upon this one way or another,” Trotter said of then-state Sen. Barack Obama.

I only have one question. What would Bob Costas do?

Exit thought: Does the arrest of Donne Trotter make the TSA racist, too?

Recently in the Green Room:

Comments

Bond was set at $25,000. He’s also supposedly running for Jesse Jackson Jrs. seat.

JPeterman on December 6, 2012 at 6:00 PM

What would Billy Crystal do?

steebo77 on December 6, 2012 at 6:06 PM

bubba clinton?

cmsinaz on December 6, 2012 at 6:09 PM

Football is the only reason I keep my dish. After Costa the other night, I’m done. I need the money to pay for the 41% increase in my health insurance next year anyway. As for this jackwad, he can rot in the pokey for all I care. Democrats think they’re above the law.

txhsmom on December 6, 2012 at 6:14 PM

I read it as “What would Bill Clinton do?”

The answer of course coming from Frito in Idiocracy… “C’mon Joe I already told you, we’d all like a hj but we don’t have time for it.”

Gingotts on December 6, 2012 at 6:50 PM

I read it as “What would Bill Clinton do?”

Gingotts on December 6, 2012 at 6:50 PM

I read it as “WHO would Bill Clinton do?”

malclave on December 6, 2012 at 7:03 PM

Ooohhhh… Bob Costas. Man, I was confused. But, hey, another example of Democrats being hypocrites. Guns for me but not for thee.

Fallon on December 6, 2012 at 7:27 PM

I read it as “What would Bill Clinton do?”

Gingotts on December 6, 2012 at 6:50 PM

I read it as “WHO would Bill Clinton do?”

malclave on December 6, 2012 at 7:03 PM

Intern. Cigar. Some assembly required.

gryphon202 on December 6, 2012 at 8:57 PM

The TSA acted in a racist and stupid manner. If Barrack had a state senator he would look like Senator Donne Trotter.

yenober on December 6, 2012 at 9:57 PM

The TSA acted stupidly.

Rayyyycisssss….

IronDioPriest on December 7, 2012 at 3:41 AM

I intend on staying in the race at this time and will continue to campaign for the people of the Second District,” Trotter said.

And, he’s staying in the race for Triple J’s seat. Well, he’s perfect for that district.

Fallon on December 7, 2012 at 8:51 AM

The decline and fall of Obamacare and the AHCA

Jazz Shaw Jun 24, 2017 8:31 AM
Top Pick

This was all over before it began

Fixing crime in America is a complicated issue

Taylor Millard Jun 23, 2017 8:31 PM

Cops alone won’t solve it.

Democrats forgot all about the “era of good feelings”

“Bernie and Jane Sanders have lawyered up.”

Winning isn’t everything. It is the only thing

Trump signs VA reform bill into law

John Sexton Jun 23, 2017 2:41 PM

A new era of something.

“…died suddenly in less than a week just after his return to the U.S.”

The shortsightedness of “Denounce and Preserve”

Taylor Millard Jun 23, 2017 12:11 PM

Pragmatism for the sake of pragmatism doesn’t always work.

Perhaps if you threw in a new car?

Gay marriages still growing, but not as fast

Andrew Malcolm Jun 23, 2017 10:31 AM

More, but not as quickly.

Should’ve stuck with the pirate gig. It was working for him

The battle for the rubble of Raqqa is underway

Andrew Malcolm Jun 23, 2017 8:51 AM

Won’t be much left.

Your list of demands is a publicity stunt

“The jobs are still leaving. Nothing has stopped.”

Bad vendor. Bad! No cookie!

“So you want me to sing my praises, is that what you’re saying?”

Why would we possibly want that?

“I mean he sold our country to The Russians.”

I could think of someone else you might want to ask about…

Trump: I never made any recordings of Comey

Allahpundit Jun 22, 2017 2:01 PM

Bluff.

Hackers stole private data from election databases

John Sexton Jun 22, 2017 1:21 PM

Failure to protect the city

Big man on the Middle Eastern campus

Biased Americans see media as biased.

Tough times down on the liberal ranch

Will Nancy Pelosi survive this latest Dem disaster?

Andrew Malcolm Jun 22, 2017 8:41 AM

Eat quick, before it’s gone.

Slow your roll, boss

“I’m bothered by the lack of emerging evidence…”