Green Room

California Federation Of Teachers To America: There’s A Rich Guy – Get Him!

posted at 2:46 pm on December 5, 2012 by

Here in the Golden State where I reside, at least until I can no longer afford the geography tax called Prop. 30 that we voted ourselves, the California Federations of Teachers Union just successfully demonized the rich. It worked. They got their way. The rich are going to pay more, allegedly to the schools. But you know the money will never get there. It’s going to the unions, who control the Democrats in Sacramento.

Not satisfied with resting on their laurels, however, the CFTU has decided to branch out. As California goes, so goes the nation. Marxism isn’t coming, friends, it’s here. And it’s animated. It’s even narrated by Ed Asner, who uses his grandpa voice so that even the kiddies will wonder why rich people hate us so.

I got a very interesting reaction when I played this for our Hughniverse audience last night. Most people begged me to turn it off, because it was too hard to watch. I say you have to watch it. We’ve ceded too much ground already, and aren’t just losing the battle, we’re not even willing to see what the other side is up to anymore. We ignore this at our peril.

By the way, according to the caption at Breitbart, where I originally found this video, this bit was written and produced by Fred Glass, who is a CFTU staffer. Allegedly, he pulled down a salary of $139,800 in 2011. I’m sure he’ll get a nice pension when he retires after a long and prosperous career of brainwashing. Think one school would have turned down an additional $140,000 if it would have been offered to them rather than being ciphoned, either by the legislature or through union dues, or both, to a untion thug?

Recently in the Green Room:

Comments

Police, fire, schools – all now under purview of the federal government?

These Marxist fools have run this country completely off the rails.

Common Sense Floridian on December 5, 2012 at 2:51 PM

I especially like the part where the rich guy pees on the poor.

tom daschle concerned on December 5, 2012 at 3:00 PM

I keep praying for the big quake…

teejk on December 5, 2012 at 3:10 PM

This animation will be shown in every public school classroom in America, K through 6, for the next ten years. If you think your children are amusingly misguided in their youthful attachment to Obama and the Left, imagine what lies ahead.

2ndMAW68 on December 5, 2012 at 3:35 PM

Tax the richTill there are no rich no more

ChunkyLover on December 5, 2012 at 3:35 PM

Well, California is loaded with very rich liberals who just voted for your black Jesus again. Marin county is full of them. Get those torches and pitchforks ready teachers. I’ll be cheering you on.

Hummer53 on December 5, 2012 at 3:54 PM

Hmm. No mention of the Community Reinvestment Act, Fannie Mae, Freddy Mac and unqualified homeowners.

John the Libertarian on December 5, 2012 at 3:59 PM

I don’t even know where to begin with this ridiculous video.

It’s basically a laundry list of every lie the left tells about the right, and about their complete lack of culpability in the failure of the Great Society and its Model Cities, the War on Poverty, the CRA, and so forth.

And yet there is still the call to “fair shares” and “balanced approaches” though no one can bother to muster any specificity on what those even mean, and how I’m supposed to know when things are…

… fair and balanced.

The Schaef on December 5, 2012 at 4:04 PM

Gawd I wish I had enough money to move to the Isle of Man

Zaggs on December 5, 2012 at 4:06 PM

Where’s the cartoon with the train? You know the High Speed Rail? No cartoons of choo choos? I’m dissapointed

Ditkaca on December 5, 2012 at 4:18 PM

I remain mystified. Why would anyone produce this kind of thing? The question must be asked: do they really believe all this? Do they really believe that the “rich” have sucked all the wealth up and done so without regard to the need for things like fire departments, teachers, police (and apparently homeless people?!!)? It might be easy to believe that there are some nefarious actors who know it isn’t true but are using it to bring down (some of) the rich, but I think the simplest solution is to assume they really believe this. The producers of this video really believe that all economic ills derive from capitalism (as represented by the rich (white male) guy). I think they really believe that free market means being free to exploit other people, which it is not. I think they imagine a JP Morgan or a Rockefeller creating monopolies through bullying and coercion and controlling whole markets plus the means of production (workers), never mind that is not free and not really capitalist. They hate business. Notice how the rich guy isn’t an actor, actress or artist (who are exempt from the contempt they heap on “the rich”).

BillyWilly on December 5, 2012 at 4:36 PM

This is the smoking gun evidence as to why our children aren’t graduating high school.

DeathtotheSwiss on December 5, 2012 at 6:48 PM