Bradley Manning for Congress! Or… something.
posted at 6:47 pm on December 5, 2012 by Jazz Shaw
In a tough economy like this with an uncertain future facing us all, young people are certainly smart to keep their options open. You have to be ready to make that fast lateral move to a position of increased opportunity. So it’s refreshing to see that if accused traitor Bradley Manning’s career as a trader of national secrets doesn’t pan out, he’s got a back-up plan.
If he doesn’t spend the rest of his life in prison, Pfc. Bradley Manning wants go to college and perhaps run for public office, his lawyer, David E. Coombs, told supporters of the former Army intelligence analyst.
Manning is accused of illegally giving hundreds of thousands of diplomatic cables and classified reports about the wars in Iraq and Afghanistan to the website WikiLeaks. He faces 22 criminal charges and could be sentenced to life in prison if convicted…
The crazy part is, I can actually think of a couple of districts where he might win.
Recently in the Green Room:
- Real question: Does Obama’s budget fund overseas abortions to protect endangered animals?
- Photo of the day: Crimea now belongs to Russia, at least on Russian propaganda TV
- Vatican: Pope Francis wasn’t talking about same-sex relationships; Update: “Civil unions” explained
- RNC ad: Crying infant greets Obama’s new debt-laden budget
- Update: Grayson dismisses ‘erratic’ wife after abuse allegation